Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anyone have any experience with were the control line hooks up from the vfd on these lns conveyors? Thanks

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Holke F11V View Post
    Anyone have any experience with were the control line hooks up from the vfd on these lns conveyors? Thanks
    Do you have a schematic with the LNS conveyor? They can likely provide one. It could have been installed in a variety of ways. Do you see any relays that look aftermarket and the output disconnected in the Brother control box? The Installation manual for the Brother has a chapter on Inputs and Outputs that describes the IO board hardware. If you have the LNS schematic and several pics inside the Brother control cabinet, I might be able to help figure it out.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Frank, I appreciate it. I've been going through the IO chapter trying to get this figured out as well. I do not have the schematic from LNS but will get one. Also, looking through the cabinet again I do see this (attached pic 1) that has wires (27 & 28) run to what I believe is the XTIO board. Lastly, would the main power typical be connected outside of the machine to a fused disconnect? Thanks again

Attachment 314199Attachment 314200Attachment 314201Attachment 314202

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

img-0718.jpg img-0717.jpgimg-0719.jpgimg-0720.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are on the right track. Terminals 27 and 28 look like they activate conveyor through the relay. Not sure if a mcode or what Mcode activates it. Maybe check the mcode list at the back of the NC programming manual. Those should be a 24 vdc output when active. You can probably see or hear the relay toggle when you activate that output. The main power should go to an auxiliary terminal strip just below or near the main breaker as I recall.

6. Likes 2outof3 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Frank thanks for pushing me in the right direction. I am not seeing an auxiliary terminal strip, is there anything wrong with tapping onto the same fasteners as the main power coming in?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would connect the main conveyor power on the output side of the breaker (machine side), that way you get the protection of the machine's main breaker. From what I gather, terminals 27 and 28 should be active in Memory mode and a program is running.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks again. Let me get this hooked up and do some testing.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Update: The relay connected to 27 & 28 does receive power and causes the chip conveyor to start as long as the vfd is in the auto position and a program is running. The conveyor continues to run till the reset button is pressed. Thanks for the help Frank. Another question. I removed the 4th axis and stupidly didn't realize I would get an encoder error/battery error. I followed the manual and powered down the machine and replaced all 5 AA batteries in short order. After restarting I get alarm 0635 (X axis absolute encoder counter error) and 0607.162 (X axis error battery low). I now realize the error in my ways and I believe I should have replaced the batteries with the power on although the manual states differently. Also, I reconnected the 4th and tucked it away outside the machine so I don't have to mess with the parameters etc. How do I correct this alarm state? Thanks once again.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was able to get the 2 errors cleared by following what an older post (Nikken 5 axis table on Brother TS-2Dn....any idea where the backup batteries are ?) suggested but now have the 2047 magazine number error as well as the axis positions are not correct. How do I tell the machine what tool pot it is currently at and how do I get the axis back to their correct home positions? I have a call into Yamazen but have not heard back yet and I have been pouring over the manuals.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You will need to reset the magazine servo position just like another axis. It is the M axis on the Absolute Encoder position screen you are probably intimately acquainted with now. You can reset it on any tool, then get tool 1 to the spindle and reset it again. This will set Tool 1 as Tool 1. You are having fun now I think!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Where do I position the axis xyz when I reset the encoders? When I press Z rtn I get an overload alarm on the y and x axis. Also, it looks like the z is not quite high enough for the tool change, I don't want to rotate the magazine yet. Is there a measurement from the table to spindle nose (standard column)? Thanks

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Z is set off of the table. I usually use 3 1-2-3 blocks stacked on the table (9"). Touch the spindle face, not the keys, off of the blocks and then set encoder there. I like to jog spindle slightly lower than the blocks and then move up in Z until I can just get the blocks under the spindle face, then pull the blocks out. Then set Z encoder. spindle may drop slightly so I don't want the blocks there. You will need to convert the 9" to metric and enter that value in the absolute position after set column of the encoder page in Z. Then set encoder while at the 9" position. Your machine position should then change to 9". May have to turn machine on and off for change to take effect. X and Y you can eyeball (if you have a good eye!) off the center t slot in Y and the center key slot in the table for X. Those positions should be -200. for Y and -350. for an O machine in X (center of the Strokes in mm). The 200. and 350. #s should be in the absolute pos after set column of X and Y.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's about what I ended up doing. I roughly put the table in the xy home and set the encoder to 0 then ran a tool probe program to see how close i was to the tool setter and I got it withing .25". I roughed in the z with a tape measure but will go back and set it more accurately. Sure got my education in today, haha. Also, when I go to put the 4th axis back onto the table in the future would this be the correct process: power down machine, disconnect airline and plug, place on table and reconnect plug and airline, reset encoder for that axis. Or is the encoder reset not necessary if the machine is turned off? Thanks for all the help

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Glad you are functional again. You are learning your machine completely... Whenever you disconnect the 4th axis cable for more than a few seconds (30? 60?) you will need to reset the absolute encoder for that axis. You will get the Battery Drop alarm for that axis. Reminder to all Brother owners, if you haven't replaced your AA (cheap) back up batteries in the last year, do it now with the control power ON!

17. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you know where the probe measurement data is stored such as after probing a bore, boss or web? Not seeing it in the manuals

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The macros I typically use store the measurements in 105 (result) and 106 (delta) macro variables. Access the macro variable pages through the Databank screen. Your macros may be different....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks again Frank. Hopefully my basic questions will be of use to someone in the future as well.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How does the wear pattern look on this tool holder? This is maritool .500 stubby sidelock running a roughing op with a GWS .500 x 1.25 LOC 3fl chipbreaker @ 9500 rpm (1247 sfm) 140 in/min (.005 FPT) 1.060 DOC .060 Stepover. I have the retention knob just past hand tight with some loctite (need to get socket for torque wrench). Just want to make sure i'm not asking too much from the 30 taper. Thanks.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The pic didn't come through. I recommend 8-10 lb/ft for Brother retention knob. Spindle is used so may have some imperfections....