What's new
What's new

Brother TC-S2C USB communication

biglord4ever

Aluminum
I'm new (brand new) to cnc machining. I brought my new-to-me 2008 Brother TC-S2C into my shop a month or two ago and have been working my way towards getting up and running. It's all powered up and I'm at the point of trying to run a trial program...but can't get a program to load. I'm trying to use the USB port with no luck. It throws an alarm- indicating that it doesn't recognize the drive or doesn't see one at all. I've tried multiple different drives with no luck. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Those front connectors give issues after a while. Open the electrical cabinet and on the motherboard you can see where the extension cable to the front plugs in. Remove it and stick the USB stick in that port and see if it works.

If you insist on using the front connector, use a USB with an LED light on it. Plug it in, you will notice that if you bottom it out the light dims...pull it back out just ever so slightly until the light goes bright and it may just work.

I think the early B00 controls need USB drives with smaller capacity. I don't recall the limitation off the top of my head (2 Gb?). You can format the stick on the machine or you can format it FAT32 on a PC. Make sure you are running in NC (g code) mode not conversational. Under the External IO menu in Edit mode, you can 'Change Connection Device'. This must be set to Memory Card. I recommend first sending a program out to the stick from the machine so you can see the required format on a pc. File type .NC, O#### file name, no percent signs in the program, no O#### in the program unless in parentheses. All Caps, comments are fine in parentheses and must be all caps too. some characters like _ might not be ok. Hope this is helpful. S2C is a nice machine. Congrats! I am sure between Yamazen tech support, 800-882-8558, and help from around here, you'll get it going quickly.

Thanks for the suggestions. The USB port seems to be OK. I'll give both of these a thorough go and report back.

I recommend first sending a program out to the stick from the machine so you can see the required format on a pc. File type .NC, O#### file name, no percent signs in the program, no O#### in the program unless in parentheses. All Caps, comments are fine in parentheses and must be all caps too. some characters like _ might not be ok. Hope this is helpful. S2C is a nice machine. Congrats! I am sure between Yamazen tech support, 800-882-8558, and help from around here, you'll get it going quickly.

This was the ticket! Now I just need to format my g-code correctly and I should be up and running. Thanks!

I want to throw out a huge THANK YOU to BROTHERFRANK! He tore apart my code and found the issues I was having. He then fixed the code and sent it back. What a great guy!

Back