What's new
What's new

Brother TC22B-0 B Axis servo alarm 204

FreestateBoring

Plastic
Hi Folks, new to me Brother TC22B-0. Picked it up at auction last year and getting it powered up for the fist time. I've got a B axis servo alarm 204. The book says that is a Multi-turn limit unmatched error. As in, the turn limits of the encoder and drive do not match.

When I first powered this up I had a B axis 501 and 508 alarm, but after pulling the cables of the SVIF board and reconnecting those went away. No battery alarms or anything like that.

I've called Yamazen but nobody home there. Wondering if anybody knows anything. I also tried deactivating the 5th axis (data table, system 2) and unplugging the drive as if the B axis wasn't there but get some other alarms on that.

This machine had some automation on the B axis with hydraulic clamps and automatic doors. Not sure if they did something when the removed that stuff. Also don't see how encoder counts could change by themselves.

One more thing, I've never even seen a Brother in person before. Is there any trick to starting the servos on these? Usually you hit the power button and the control will boot up, then another button to bring the servos online. I don't see a second power button on this and when I hit the power button again it shuts the control off. Right now I can't get this thing to move, but I am assuming that is because of the B axis alarm I have.

BrotherFrank will likely be along at some point. Our local Yamazen team used to have meetings every Monday. Not sure how the virus thing is affecting whatever Yamazen office you called.....
On the Speedio series (c00 control), you only hit the power button one time, and everything is on.

Those are great machines. Top of the line in it's day. You have too many issues for simple help on here. You need to invest in a service call to get the alarms sorted and some training in my opinion. That machine will reward you handsomely. If you are on the west side near Grand Rapids, I believe your support will be through Turn Key Solutions. Yamazen has a Tech Center in Novi. Andre Glanton is Service Coordinator. You should be able to reach him at 800-882-8558.

With help from Jason from Yamazen I was able to get the B Axis disabled and get my new best friend moving. Got it to home. Got some cleaning to do and will try a tool change tomorrow.

I did start another thread for the Tsudakoma RT200B rotary table on this. Anyone using a Tsudakoma RT200B on a Brother with a B00? Looking for some help specifically on the Tsudakoma. I think my problem is more related to lack of info on Tsudakoma, than any issues with the Brother.

Update: Jason was able to work his contacts and get info from Tsudakoma Japan. Turns out my parameters are correct. Unplugging the B Axis cables had no effect and neither did resetting the encoder. The dip switches and the rotary switch on the amp are all set correctly, so at this point the diagnosis is a bad amp. The particular error on the amp (A.C.C.) is usually the encoder mismatch, but can also be a bad amp.

Off to eBay to find another one. Will report back after I replace the amp.

Back