What's new
What's new

Brother TC31A shipping brackets?

Volitan

Hot Rolled
We're buying a 1999 machine, there are no shipping brackets for it. Yamazen says maybe they could get them from Japan but it would take a long time and cost a lot of money. I asked if drawings for them were available at least but they said no on that too.
Anyone have some they would take pictures of and maybe even some quick measurements?

The current owner says lowering the head on to a 4x4 is good enough but I really disagree, I want the head and column supported somehow.

Thanks!

Does it have manuals? The installation manual shows how to take off the brackets which will lead to where you want to lock down. Traveling column machines want x/y locked along with z.

Does it have manuals? The installation manual shows how to take off the brackets which will lead to where you want to lock down. Traveling column machines want x/y locked along with z.

Yeah they sent a picture of the Installation Manual where it shows the brackets. There are 3 of them. The machine is a couple hundred miles away though.
Anyone here happen to have a set for this machine they would be willing to rent out for a couple weeks?

I know a shop that has one that they purchased new. I'll ask them if they have brackets.

Hey brotherfrank were you able to ask yet? If not don't worry about it. Looks like the move will be maybe this week or next.
The current plan is to send them a bracket from one of our Haas's to modify and make work, which I think will be OK if we cant come up with the right thing.

Thanks again!

Yeah. Sorry, no dice. If they can fab a bracket that securely attaches the spindle casting to the table, that will secure X, Y and Z.

Back