What's new
What's new

Brother TC32BnQT - ATC error

NaRbO

Cast Iron
Hello everyone,

Our Brother CNC had stopped mid cycle during a tool change. Doesn't seem to be any cause for the stoppage, no power outage or Estop engaged. After running through the recovery procedure the tool arm will not go up. It shifts up a little bit and makes a "clunk" then errors out with a 2055/2046 error. When i try and turn the screw on top of the motor it doesn't want to turn. Seems like something is stopping it from rotating. The arm wasn't quite all the way down when it stopped, the pull stud was in the spindle but just barely. So almost all the way down. I have removed both tool holders as well and moved the X and Z in the negative direction as the book says.

If anyone has any experience with this particular error I would appreciate any help!

Thank you

Look at the square lugs on the top of the ATC arm in the hub. They should be all the way to one end of the slot they move in. If they are in the middle, you will need to remove the arm, disassemble, clean, reassemble with a very generous amount of water proof grease and re-install. You may also have a broken spring on the arm lock pins. If it hasn't been serviced recently, you may want to replace the arm lock pins and springs and the tool lock pins and springs.

Thanks for the help. The lugs did appear to be all the way to one side. A Brother service tech had me remove the arm and try the sequence again, still won't move even with the arm off. The ATC doesn't want to rotate or go back up to its home position.

Uncommon but entirely possible, there may be an issue in the ATC cam mechanism. It's inside the box the ATC arm shaft goes into. Brother has probably already steered you there.

1712805223501.png

Hi Brother Frank started to face this issue 4-10 times a day sometimes & sometimes it wont happen for 2-3 days, and the arm stop location is always not same sometimes in the middle sometimes somewhere else. Can you please give your valuable suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Back