What's new
What's new

BT30 Tool tightening fixture

Matt@RFR

Titanium
What are you guys using? This is what I have for my CAT40 stuff, and I really like it:
DSCN0359.jpg

It's from US Shop Tools, but they don't have one for BT30 in their catalog. We are back to 7 day weeks so no time to be making things like this.

Thanks Bob. Do you use yours in the horizontal position? I've never liked the looks of those half round fixtures, and horizontal is the only way we'll be using it. I like the fact that the one I have actually clamps the tool holder in place.

Thanks Bob. Do you use yours in the horizontal position? I've never liked the looks of those half round fixtures, and horizontal is the only way we'll be using it. I like the fact that the one I have actually clamps the tool holder in place.

I always use the verticle. I actually broke the horizontal trying to beat an endmill out of a tool holder.

I'm using one like Bobw's (different brand) but I would prefer one like in your original post for our BT30. We have one like your pic for our CAT40 stuff...if it were available for BT30, I'd buy it ;)

The one Maritool sells can be had from Shars for about half the price on eBay:

SHARS BT30 Universal Horizontal Vertical CNC Tool Holder Tightening Fixture New | eBay

The cool guy one is made by Dorian, where they are always on sale (direct from Dorian) for $300.
9328565-23.jpg

I prefer the cool guy Dorian. You can see it mounted on the tool box. I end up using it at 90 degrees almost all the time.

Swell:

I looked up the one that I recently bought on Ebay (a yr ago) and it's not there anymore....

edit:

I looked in my history and found that this is the same guy. I bought just a lay-down unit, but it looks like he's just mounted it upright now. These are quick and cheap, and so far have worked extremely well for us. It's just alum, so it will eventually fatigue and give up the ghost, but ....

Still tho - 40 taper only. Not even a 50 taper option. :eek:

CAT40 BT40 Tool Tightening Clamping Holder Fixture Cat 40 BT 40 New in Packing | eBay

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Last edited:
Sounds like it's time for me to invent some more hours in the day and make some of these. If I do, I'll let everybody know in the for sale section. Thanks anyway guys.

I'm looking into a new one. Was looking at this one, goes for around $320USD:

bearing_locking_fixture_l__88368.1394034754.1280.1280.jpg

Was also looking at this one, but was over $800USD!

toolboynew.jpg

I think the Dorian one seems priced the best along with the first one I posted (although I'd like the option to turn to 90deg.

Last edited:
The dorian tool vise is indestructable. I have a cat40 version for years and it's still like new. Just bought the BT30 version for my Brother. I plan to have these till I retire.

Sounds like it's time for me to invent some more hours in the day and make some of these. If I do, I'll let everybody know in the for sale section. Thanks anyway guys.

PLEASE LET US KNOW! I will absolutely purchase more hours in the day if you invent it.:D

2015-01-14 16.02.28.jpg
I know someone that made these for BT30. I will check and see if he has more available.

You can check these out from my company, very well liked. Similar to the tool boy but way better price point. Both base and BT30 head are in-stock
Tool Block 3. - PIONEER Premium Tool & Work Holding

I'm kind of intrigued and all...

But no pricing. No part numbers. No place to order it.

Yet another metalworking industry brand that's probably losing 30% of their business by acting like it's still 1985 with the sales methods.

Back