What's new
What's new

Mazatrol cutoff confusion

Zieq

Plastic
Hi, I'm new to the site and I'm looking for information. I'm currently running a mazak integrex e-410 5 axis machine with a subspindle. My current conundrum is that I am attempting to part off a part into the subspindle but as it approaches the cutting surface it just stops. No feeding just a pause above the cutting surface. I've been running this machine for 4 or 5 months now and never ran into this application in mazatrol which I had zero experience with prior to this machine. I've tried going from a groove #0 to a groove #4 to part off the part but neither continue after reaching the safe entry. I've been searching my manuals and looking online for over an hour and received lil to no help. Any advice to help move this along would be appreciated and I look forward to a quick response. Thank y'all in advance

Have you done this type of operation before? This close to the chuck? Is there a soft limit or "chuck guard" in place?

Ed.

What Ed said, I'd try to run it with a bit of caution with Barrier Cancel on, generally however it would throw an alarm if it hit the barrier limit.

I personally have never done this before. The machine had the program ran before by an trained machinist, where I have little knowledge. I'm maybe working with .5 inch on both sides of my tool before it hits the Chucks. And I didn't experience a soft limit. But while i was messing with it that experienced machinist message my boss back to let me know how he did it...which worked....for a part. I proceeded to play with the program and got the machine to act in a bar puller style of cut off which gave me an additional 1.4" gap and I switched it from synched spindles to just having one active and that seemed to work. My parts are now cutting off and it's continuing the program as needed. I'm not sure if it's the CORRECT way to do it but it works. Thanks for the replies. And information beyond this will be read if there is a correct way to program this.

Back