What's new
What's new

C axis code in spindle mode

nightsky84

Aluminum
Hey everyone! I am getting an error code ps0197 c axis command in spindle mode in my program. I'm running this on a Doosan Puma TT1800SY. Dual turret dual spindle lathe. I have a c axis program running to cut slots into my part then right after that I have a finishing tool go over it just to get rid of the burrs. Before the finishing tool even starts the machine errors out as soon as it gets to the front of the part and gives me that code! The only workaround I can come up with is changing the G03 to a G01 and go linear, but we really need it to be the other way. Does anyone have any clues to why it's doing this? I'll post the .nc code. It's operation 10 on the Upper code, but I'll post both the upper and lower in case something on the other side is messing it up as well! Thanks to all!!

Attachments

• Upper.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Lower.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 43
Hey everyone! I am getting an error code ps0197 c axis command in spindle mode in my program. I'm running this on a Doosan Puma TT1800SY. Dual turret dual spindle lathe. I have a c axis program running to cut slots into my part then right after that I have a finishing tool go over it just to get rid of the burrs. Before the finishing tool even starts the machine errors out as soon as it gets to the front of the part and gives me that code! The only workaround I can come up with is changing the G03 to a G01 and go linear, but we really need it to be the other way. Does anyone have any clues to why it's doing this? I'll post the .nc code. It's operation 10 on the Upper code, but I'll post both the upper and lower in case something on the other side is messing it up as well! Thanks to all!!

You do know that there are special M Codes to place either spindle into C Axis mode and again to place it into turning mode. M35 turns C Axis mode on for the main spindle, M34 goes back to turning mode. M135 places the right spindle in C Axis mode and M134 sets it back to turning mode. I see them in the upper program but there must be a conflict somewhere in the lower program somewhere.

Paul

It looks like your M34 is in the right spot. Is the C1 light on when you start N4 (it should go off at the M34)?

We have the same machine. A few months ago we started getting this alarm on a program that had run over 30,000 cycles without being edited. The alarm then started to become more and more frequent.

Turns out there is a ladder update that corrected our issue. Your issue might be caused by your code (placement of M34/M35 & M134/M135), but it also might not. Check with your machine tool supplier for the most current ladder version.

One more thing, we could usually get by the alarm by cancelling C-Axis mode in MDI and then re-starting the program at the operation where the alarm occurred. One quirk we found is that - despite what the manual says - we could only cancel C1 mode by commanding M34 from head 2.

I have tried to turn the C axis off in Mdi and it did not change at all. I have also tried to start from that part in the program and I would still get the same error code. C axis is not on when it gets to that part of the program either so I will have to contact my tool supplier and see if they have any update to the ladder. Hopefully that's the issue, if not I don't know what's wrong.

If you cannot cancel C-axis mode using M34 from head 2, reboot the CNC and try again. If that does it, you need the ladder upgrade.

I have had a similar issue on our Hass ST10. Throwing in an M code to unlock the spindle along with turning off the c-axis helped. I'm not sure if it will work on your Doosan, but may be worth a shot.

Back