What's new
What's new

C-Axis TPA / HOME Failure (Cincinnati Arrow 2 - Siemens servo drivers Acramatic 2100)

chivo

Plastic
Hello.

Please some help with a Cincinnati Arrow 2 - Siemens Servo drivers - Acramatic 2100.

The problem is when the machine is homing. The spindle rotates 6 times and it can not get the home position.
The message is: C-Axis TPA / HOME Failure.

The machines was working ok.

I believe the Arrow 2 has basically the same spindle as the FTV840 I run, there is a prox which reads off the top of the spindle pulley for referencing the spindle, I would check this is working, seems the most likely culprit.

Hi
The Z axis is homing, because is the first movement, later go Y and X axis and finally the spindle "C axis" doesn't home, it turns 6 times with a stop in 0 degrees. I believe the C axis uses the encoder position for homing. The angle when it rotates is correct, the drive key from the cat40 cone looks like it is in the correct position.

actually now that i think about it the "C" axis on the FTV is The toolchain not the spindle.
I'm thinking the Arrow might use the "C" axis for the side mount tool drum? The FTV has a Heidenhain absolute rotary encoder on the chain gearbox, Maybe the Arrow has an encoder on the tool drum that has gone bad?

Fixed. The problem was the spring discs, one of them was broke and it cut a sensor. The sensor sense every 180 degrees..

Back