What's new
What's new

Calibrate Z

victorhurdle

Plastic
I'm using a Mazatrol M Plus. Calibrating X and Y is no problem but I was wondering if anyone could direct guide me on how to check the Z axis. Thanks for any tips you can share.

I'm using a Mazatrol M Plus. Calibrating X and Y is no problem but I was wondering if anyone could direct guide me on how to check the Z axis. Thanks for any tips you can share.
on a Mazak mill if tool setter and probe are not in agreement there is an adjustment for tool setter but normally i adjust tool length of probe on tool setting page. confusing whether +.001 or -.001" is the way to go. i check after taking cuts so milled cut in sync or tool setter and probe agree.
..... in theory you should be able to manually set a tool off table with 4.0000" gage block in handle mode .001" at a time til gage block will not slide under tool and table gap. if manually setting tool changes tool length more than .001" usually mean. tool setter off.
i have known where tool was released and it fell on tool setter. obviously it usually knocks it out of calibration. it can need a parameter adjustment and or adjustment to screws holding the tool setter.
the parameter to adjust tool measure is in maintenance manual. some machines you have to change a special parameter to 1 from 0 before you change any parameter then change 1 back to 0 when done. it is a type of global protection so parameters do not get changed accidentally. might have to restart and rezero or home machine too.
thats why it is easier to change probe length on tool page if only a little off, takes only a second to do

Attachments

• MazakMaint.jpg
    MazakMaint.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 321

Back