What's new
What's new

Can anyone help me please with weird CNC problem.

david789

Plastic
Hi everyone,

My name is David, and I would like to ask for your help.

Recently I have decided to convert my Amadeal AMA16 milling machine to CNC.
I just put it together a day ago and as I was setting it up in Mach3 I ran into an interesting problem. (I'm novice when it comes to CNC machining so it might be a simple fix but I couldn't figure out so far)

So the setup I'm using is basically 1605 ball screws + Nema23 425oz motors on each axis with DMQ542MA drivers, and two 36w power supplies. (Cheap Chinese kit)

So the problem I am facing is that my X axis does not travel the correct distance.
I'm using metric system so I calculated my mm/minute that I need to put in Mach3 and if I use 1600 micro stepping with a 5mm pitch lead screw I should have a stepping of 320mm/minute. Now, on both Y and Z axis these numbers are fine and the distance is correct but no matter what I do my X axis doesn't move the proper distance, unless I put the dip switch to 400 micro stepping and put in a value of 80mm/minute in Mach3. This would be fine by me but there is another issue.
After I put it the 80mm/minute in mach3 and save it, the motor runs smooth and the distance is correct, however when I exit the program and start it again with the saved information the motor suddenly becomes extremely slow and jerky and sounds awful.

Could it be a problem with the DQ542MA driver, maybe the dip switch doesn't work, or maybe something simple in mach3?

I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction.
Thank you very much guys.

Regards,

David

Hi David,

It may serve you well to read the posting guidelines of this site. Next time try to come up with a more descriptive title as to the problem your having or question your asking or your thread could possibly be locked.

This is a site for professional machinist and industrial grade machinery. You can ask questions about hobby grade machines if you ask general questions without mentioning the brand.

Someone might try to help but you would most likely have better luck asking this at C N C Z O N E . com

Welcome to the board btw!

Brent

Wish I could help aside from saying, if I were in your shoes I'd call Mach3 or whomever makes the Control and let them give you the exact answer.

While some of us have played around with Retrofits and Work on getting our machines back up and running...most of our talent lies in our ability to produce product with CNC machines...build them, not so much.

Not saying someone will not be able to answer your question here...just saying your in a math class asking questions about grammar.

Back