What's new
What's new

Brother Speedio - Failure during High Accuracy Mode B helical moves

mutiny

Cast Iron
Hoping someone can help me out of this. I just had the High Accuracy Mode BII & the Quick Settings set up and have run into my first issue.

I have a program that is using M289 L2 during roughing and it fails right at the line that starts the helical descent with "NC0027 **Internal conflict detected 3", a very scary alarm that the manual claims means the NC PCB needs to be replaced. Thankfully, I remembered reading a thread (on the Autodesk forums discussing Speedio post processors) that HAMB didn't used to support helical moves. It now should, but it seems like my control doesn't. I'm wondering if it's because there's a machine parameter allowing HAMB helical moves not set somewhere or something along those lines.

My control version is WX01.11.001. All my high accuracy settings are set to what I believe are the factory defaults except for 8109 "High accuracy B deceleration time" which isn't set to anything and I can't find reference to in my installation manual. The settings for Standard, Rough, Finishing, etc. are all set.

In the short term, I can just disable these modes during helical moves (or use M265 or something), but I'd appreciate any suggestions as I know that the new controls *should* be able to do this.

Edit: Did some additional reading of old threads on this subject and wanted to provide some additional context. The exact machine we got was a "new old stock" 2018 machine that was maybe from around the time that Mode B params weren't being set from the factory. We just got this machine earlier this year. When it arrived, tech updated firmware from V7 to V11 and then just recently we got the Mode B params set up. It seems like some piece of the puzzle is still missing though.

Last edited:
Seems like this is now resolved!

I spent some time digging through my High Accuracy parameters and noticed that 8109 (High accuracy B deceleration time) wasn't set to anything. I'm assuming this is a new setting that was introduced after my machine was commissioned, because I can't find any reference to it in my Installation Manual. Anyways, I got a value from another machine (258ms) and helical moves now work with High Accuracy quick setting modes activated (at least M289 L2, which is what I tried).

Back