What's new
What's new

Can a line of g code cause a servo alarm? when rest of program runs fine?

Bluejeep

Hot Rolled
Hi all.
This is on a Hitachi Seiki Ht20 Fanuc 3T. lathe no Cam just finger code.
I needed to add a drill cycle into an existing functioning program. here is the code:
T0200M41G97S2000
M3
G0X0Z1.0T0202M8
G0Z0.2
G74R100
G74Z-1.479Q500F6.0
G0Z4.0M9
M5
When it hits the bold line the machine alarms out with "servo alarm 023 z axis"
this part of the program runs fine on dry run.
this code was added to the end of a fairly long program that has some drilling and threading which are all running fine so the z servo seems not to be having any issues.
I have tried a bunch of work arounds like not using the canned cycle just a simple rapid over and feed in which was giving me a p/s 003 alarm which I could not see any "too many digits" issues with the code.
Does this make any sense. I've spent like 8hrs trying to get this simple bit of code to work.

What happens if you remove the line in bold? Still get the same alarm?

Are you sure the 3T uses a two line format for G74? I believe the older controls use a single line format???

You get 2000 R's outta M41 first gear? F6. is pretty fast feeding G99 ipr at 2000 R's do you want G98 ipm?

Brent

Couple of things. On my Hyundai-Kia SKT250 Fanuc 0i-TC M40 is low gear and M41 is high gear so that could be fine.

My machine does NOT work with the wrong Q value format. My CAM outputs a 2 digit, like .04 this will alarm my machine every time. I must re write it as 0400. If I don't I get a wrong number of digits message. Yours might be the reverse.

Might be worth looking at.

SERVO ALARM : 23 (ZAXIS)(Z-axis feedrate command value error)

This is the meaning of alarm 23. Makes me think you have commanded a feedrate somewhere that the servo system is not capable of.

May not be on the line where it stops. The 3 series had 2 or 3 line "look ahead" so it may be a couple lines ahead of the line that it stops on.

This is the meaning of alarm 23. Makes me think you have commanded a feedrate somewhere that the servo system is not capable of.

May not be on the line where it stops. The 3 series had 2 or 3 line "look ahead" so it may be a couple lines ahead of the line that it stops on.

If this is right then Yardbird was probably right. He never commands a G98 so I'm guessing the thing is trying to feed at 6 IPR.

You get 2000 R's outta M41 first gear? F6. is pretty fast feeding G99 ipr at 2000 R's do you want G98 ipm?

Brent

If the machine is in G99 this would all make sense.

Try putting a G98 in there.

Edit: Camputer beat me to it.

When fingerCAMing I like to try an always restate modal codes just incase. Yes it's redundant but it's saved my ass more than once. Also helps if you want to start the program in the middle somewhere.

Hi

I have a 6T and it's a single line format. Here is a copy of my manual

Attachments

• 033444.jpg
    033444.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 26

Brent

:):) We have a winnah!! It was that i needed to add G98. I'm self taught on programming on the lathe ( using Hienz Putz's dvd) and I haven't run into this issue yet. I guess because I always programed thinking in I/rev. coming from a manual lathe background and my machine just defaults to g99. Here I grabbed a feed rate from a mill program so that's where my thinking broke down. learned a good lesson today. also m41 is my high gear. also 3t is 2 line format on g74 I have found 3Tprogramming is more similar to the Fanuc OT control.

Thanks a million :cheers:

Back