What's new
What's new

CAN P with no dedicated P key?

Jim Wilson

Aluminum
Hardinge Conquest T51 with 18T control. On my control keypad, the P is actually a Shift-O; the key is marked "O/P"

Trying to move the carriage out of the -X hard stop, I hold E-Stop Reset while jogging +X, but the carriage doesn't move. In other threads on overtravel issues, I've seen suggestions to use Cancel P on startup to cancel the software OT protection and enable movement. But this doesn't seem to make any difference in my case (using the O/P key). Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Perhaps it's unnecessary on my machine?

You would need the P/Can if you are getting some movement in X+, but immediately getting an "X axis O/T+" alarm, as that means that it thinks that it is all the way up.

In the scenario in your other thread, I don't think this is your problem - yet.

You should see the X move a little bit at least before stopping, so if you are not getting any movement at all, I think that you still need to be looking at your amp/cable/motor, not the control / E-stop circuit.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thanks, Ox! That answers the P/Can question--I just wasn't sure whether it applied to my machine, or whether the Shift key would be needed, or what.

What you mentioned about the other thread, I'll respond to there, just to close this one off as solved. Thank you, again. You have been very helpful to me. I don't know if you remember, but you basically guided me through getting this machine running when I first got it back in 2007. I'm grateful you're still passing out advice!

Back