Can we play the machine valuation game? Old Fadals, and an old Mazak. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bob, if th 93' is worth 12k, then I'd bump the 94' up some due to the 4th axis. Probably to 15k... I think tha would be a "fair" premium for a 4th axis on a use machine

2. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would say that is the higher end of fair, especially if you can't load them. Doesn't one of your Fadals have a "custom" monitor? Not real good for resale value.

4. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidScott View Post
    I would say that is the higher end of fair, especially if you can't load them. Doesn't one of your Fadals have a "custom" monitor? Not real good for resale value.
    Well, that monitor crapped out (cheap e-bay thing) and it now has an old CRT sitting on top of the pendant.
    On top of that the cheap flat screen was pulling all kinds of weird voltages and I lost 2 weeks of mill time
    on both Fadals swapping boards and testing everything trying to figure out what was going on... It was the fricken monitor fucking
    with my voltages..

6. Likes yardbird, DavidScott liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bob, I would say those values are fairly accurate.

8. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post
    I'm not buying them,
    I'm not selling them, I'm just making a point(not to you guys here). A point that is quite important to me.
    Is the point that all of your CNC equipment is worth less than 4 months of receipts? If so, welcome to the club. There's something extremely satisfying about running a $10k job on a $5k machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post
    I don't question it, I just make it. I wonder if it has to do with no hydraulic pressure while its not
    running? A one way valve is 1 less pound of bombs or fuel they can carry, and one more thing to break.

that makes sense, what's another piece of ground support anyway as long as she's a good bird in the air. A friend of mine has a brother who was a navigator on one...loved it on those low level treetop ops.Those are nice clamps by the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ewlsey View Post
    Is the point that all of your CNC equipment is worth less than 4 months of receipts? If so, welcome to the club. There's something extremely satisfying about running a $10k job on a $5k machine.
    No, that's just satisfying... And its not usually 4 months. I have a principal that a machine should pay for itself in 3 months, not necessarily the tooling
    or the shipping or the wiring, but the price of the machine... Price of jobs rolling off of it, minus material and tooling... I may alter
    that to 4 to 6 months soon.

And is this the point of all this... No its not. The point of it is a bit difficult to describe, because the point of this
    thread is so that I (and my lawyer (and my lawyer is awesome!!)) can make a point. I just figured I would come
    to the most knowledgeable place I know on stuff like this... I'm not selling and I'm not paying, and I work with these
    machines every day.

Those are nice clamps by the way.
    Thanx. They are a lot more impressive finished. I've got a few sitting here, unfinished (customer does the outside
    processing) I'd like to do them up in the nice red anodize, and a full length screw so can I have some GIANT C-clamps kicking
    around. Its one of those jobs that is actually fun to do. ±.030 on everything is always fun.

I've always loved the B1, even as a kid.. Its the only really big large model I saved for and made when I was a kid, and now I get to
    make parts for it(the real one)... There is a series of books for model makers that has tons and tons and tons of pics of different
    planes (you can find them on Amazon). I haven't done a model in at least 15 years, but I get a kick out of looking at that B1 book
    and seeing all the different parts I've made. They can be hard to spot, but I can pick out quite a few...

12. Likes Atomkinder, aarongough, ipmmiller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wonder if the clamps are a pure safety issue - as in "yes it can keep its doors open, but that feature isn't triply redundent and we don't trust it when somebody's head is inside the door"

A similar thing is used on race cars - modern ones generally have air jacks can pick the car up and hold it in the air for a normal pit stop - but for any work that involves a human under the car, solid stands of some kind must be inserted (they are often red like your clamps.)

re: valuation - good luck with that.... any conversation like that I've ever even remotely observed has been a lot of arguing until market facts - as in somebody offered price $X on a contract - settled it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey guys, but what about MU Online? Does anyone play this game? I am looking for some people to play together that wonderful game. I have found a site with the best private servers of MU Online. If someone wants to join me, you can answer here. You're welcome

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey guys, but what about MU Online? Does anyone play this game? I am looking for some people to play together that wonderful game. I have found a site with the best private servers of MU Online. If someone wants to join me, you can answer here. You're welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

FU online is better

17. Likes digger doug, wheelieking71 liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    British Columbia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now that's a first. Necroing a 4 year old thread... to spam about a video game... on a manufacturing site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well the brain dead are well not so bright