Can you identify this shoulder mill? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OK, so WTF did I miss ...
    And I mean, JWTF did I miss in 10 minutes after the OP?
    Turkey and Canada defending Who and What exactly?
    Against Who and What exactly?

2. Likes g-coder05 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fatih.d View Post
    you know what? you guys are total waste of space. being an iranian is not a choice. being a worthless dick IS by a choice. FYI.
    Yeah? And then they win elections. Guess we aren't so different, after all?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourDumore View Post
    OK, so WTF did I miss ...
    And I mean, JWTF did I miss in 10 minutes after the OP?
    Turkey and Canada defending Who and What exactly?
    Against Who and What exactly?
    Laws. Legislative, Administrative, Executive order. Treasury rulings.. they are whatever they are. ANY "side".

Any Iranian was NOT under the eye of, and in good standing with his thought-police, and/or a member OF their clan and tribe - controllers of industrial enterprises et al, he'd not be able to access and post to a US-based server at all.

Not in the accepted "role"? NOT an instrumentality of a HIGHLY totalitarian Government?

He would be done-in by his own side. That pervasive, their patch. "Opposition" are expats. In exile. Have to be out of reach to remain alive.

Read the funny papers. Long years already.

Kansas, it is not, Toto. Don't need five eyes to see that. ONE will do yah.

How hard was that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are only a few companies that specialize in cutters that big. All BS and feelings aside. Your best bet is to explore the geometry of the insert pockets and look up geometry for them.

6. Likes M.B. Naegle liked this post
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Laws. Legislative, Administrative, Executive order. Treasury rulings.. they are whatever they are. ANY "side".

Any Iranian was NOT under the eye of, and in good standing with his thought-police, and/or a member OF their clan and tribe - controllers of industrial enterprises et al, he'd not be able to access and post to a US-based server at all.

Not in the accepted "role"? NOT an instrumentality of a HIGHLY totalitarian Government?

He would be done-in by his own side. That pervasive, their patch. "Opposition" are expats. In exile. Have to be out of reach to remain alive.

Read the funny papers. Long years already.

Kansas, it is not, Toto. Don't need five eyes to see that. ONE will do yah.

How hard was that?
    You'd better reach this "american" website's admins to issue them a warning that a menacing member of an industrial enterprise from land of terrorists is trying to conspire a perilous act of terror against states, using his bloody milling cutter, or you may keep talking political shit here till you're 6 feet under. You know what? I'm not going anywhere anytime soon :=))) And I have to say I got my connections in the US to buy inserts I'm looking for, FYI :=)))

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    There are only a few companies that specialize in cutters that big. All BS and feelings aside. Your best bet is to explore the geometry of the insert pockets and look up geometry for them.
    I've already got some info on the other thread. Is there anywhere I might find old Ingersoll's catalogs from 80s or early 90s?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo View Post
    I've already got some info on the other thread. Is there anywhere I might find old Ingersoll's catalogs from 80s or early 90s?
    No catalog but I linked a similar mill (working) in the Ingersoll support thread.

If left to nothing else you may be able to modify the insert seats to take supported inserts. It might need some tig welding with hot work tool steel & then machining though, depending if a real mismatch insert is your only choice...

Good luck,
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You'd better reach this "american" website's admins to issue them a warning that a menacing member of an industrial enterprise from land of terrorists is trying to conspire a perilous act of terror against states, using his bloody milling cutter, or you may keep talking political shit here till you're 6 feet under. You know what? I'm not going anywhere anytime soon :=))) And I have to say I got my connections in the US to buy inserts I'm looking for, FYI :=)))
    You can joke about it, but the efforts the US put into *peacefully* stopping (at least temporarily) the enrichment centrifuges in Iran shows how vital to US interests it is to make sure that Iran does not use US (or allied) tech in its manufacturing capabilities.

Just as Toshiba got reamed for selling 5-axis machines to Russia (USSR) that were used for making "silent" props for their subs, we have to maintain concern over aid to the Islamic Republic of Iran. I wish this was not an issue, but the same region that gave us beheadings by knife-wielding jihadis is not the place to give unfettered manufacturing help.

10. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    You can joke about it, but the efforts the US put into *peacefully* stopping (at least temporarily) the enrichment centrifuges in Iran shows how vital to US interests it is to make sure that Iran does not use US (or allied) tech in its manufacturing capabilities.

Just as Toshiba got reamed for selling 5-axis machines to Russia (USSR) that were used for making "silent" props for their subs, we have to maintain concern over aid to the Islamic Republic of Iran. I wish this was not an issue, but the same region that gave us beheadings by knife-wielding jihadis is not the place to give unfettered manufacturing help.
    True but still, my tools are used to make neither weaponary nor sub "silent" prop! And trust me, I would be the last of 80 millions going to US - Shitty Islamic Republic of Iran battlefield if there were any!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

True but still, my tools are used to make neither weaponary nor sub "silent" prop! And trust me, I would be the last of 80 millions going to US - Shitty Islamic Republic of Iran battlefield if there were any!
    Best guess is that you are not even within the borders of the place your profile says you are.

Were you, you'd either have to be part of the ruling elite's team, or a potential victim OF it. Nothing to do with we chikn's, either way.

WE are not among those who wish you any PERSONAL grief.

Iranians can be kinda hard-headed, but historically far from the worst of folks.
    Subtract-out all the recent bullshit, and most of the world would be quite pleased to just get long, trade and/or compete on various and sundry bits of value and/or "merit". As had been the usual.

Mind "recent" only if one thinks long-range, given it has been just short of 1400 years since invaders whipped battle commanders gone so damned corrupt they forget how to win what should have been a rather easy war.

Time passes. Corruption evolves. Repeats, even.

Come to present day and "corrupt" hasn't been doing the most-recent lot of tyrants a great many favours either, has it?

Patience....

13. Likes digger doug, readysetgo liked this post