What's new
What's new

Can't read Diagnostic Parameter #445 on a Fanuc 18i-T

aj

Hot Rolled
I'm trying to look at diagnostic parameter #445 on an old 18i but the screen jumps from #428 to #450 and does not display any of the params in between. I'm running hex stock on a twin spindle and I want to orient the spindles with a M19 (orient left spindle) and a M419 (orient right spindle) so the hex lines up and I need to see where the sub-spindle is stopping so I change it. I can see #445 on all our other controllers, 18i and Oi alike, but not this particular one.

Thanks in advance.

For what it's worth, I checked two of my machines, one with an 18i-TB and one with an 18i-TA. Both had diagnostic #445. Are you sure the machine you're looking at is an 18i and not just a plain 18 ? I'm afraid I don't have any real help to offer. It may be time to use the guess and check method.

I ended up talking to Fanuc. They said the software on that particular machine (1998) is probably too old to display that parameter. I checked a couple our older 16T machines and they won't display it either. Fanuc did offer to update our software ($$$) providing the hardware would support it (more $$$).

I did get the spindle to stop where I wanted by adjusting #4077 slowly until I got it to line up. It just took a bit of trial and error.

Thanks, though.

Back