What's new
What's new

Can't upload program to fanuc 16-TT

NASTYZEN

Plastic
Hello guys!
So, I got a new to me Nakamura TW-10 and I'm not being successful at uploading a program into it.
I can send programs from the controller to my PC fine but get the LSK error when I try to upload?
I can communicate to my other machine with a Fanuc 21iT just fine.
Ive not messed with the baud rate yet witch is set at 9600.I have a Null adapter that works on the 21iT
The procedure I am using is setting the edit key to on,setting the mode to edit ,program edit soft key, OPRT soft key, read soft key then get LSK error.?
What am I missing here.
Thanks
Claude

label skip (LSK) is not an error, thats what it says while waiting to receive.

did you try to send it after LSK shows on the screen?

Thats the jargon around here for the few machines still on serial. The guy stick his head in the hut and says "send me the program" the guy in the hut replies "are you LSK?"

...The procedure I am using is setting the edit key to on,setting the mode to edit ,program edit soft key, OPRT soft key, read soft key then get LSK error.?
What am I missing here.
Thanks
Claude
Program number?

So many different flavors of fanuc these days, but usually:

Edit Key ON
Edit Mode
Program List Page
O1234
Right soft key (if needed)
Read
Exec

LSK Flashes

Walk over to the computer, click "send"

Program number?

So many different flavors of fanuc these days, but usually:

Edit Key ON
Edit Mode
Program List Page
O1234
Right soft key (if needed)
Read
Exec

LSK Flashes

Walk over to the computer, click "send"

We have a 16TT control.
Just to confirm what jancollc says.

Wow lots of Fanuc 16 users. Sorry to hijack the thread but is there an easy way to drip feed instead of put program on control? I assume it is somewhat similar, but my Fanuc 16T doesn't have "tape mode" labeled on any of the switches.

NASTYZEN if what you're using to send the program has a "force send" option, wait for the control to show flashing "LSK" then force-send it. If that works you probably have a setting incorrect.

Wow lots of Fanuc 16 users. Sorry to hijack the thread but is there an easy way to drip feed instead of put program on control? I assume it is somewhat similar, but my Fanuc 16T doesn't have "tape mode" labeled on any of the switches......

Some builders that do not provide "Tape Mode" by a physical switch make it available by a soft-key or soft switch. The builder also determines how they label the soft switch so may not call it Tape. I have seen DNC and RMT used.

Some builders that do not provide "Tape Mode" by a physical switch make it available by a soft-key or soft switch. The builder also determines how they label the soft switch so may not call it Tape. I have seen DNC and RMT used.

machine is a '98 Mori Seiki SL-25SY/1000, I haven't seen anything like that but I will keep an eye out. There is half a megabyte of memory for each of the "turrets", it's a pretty well-optioned machine with live tools, etc. so I would imagine it has the ability to drip feed.

machine is a '98 Mori Seiki SL-25SY/1000, I haven't seen anything like that but I will keep an eye out. There is half a megabyte of memory for each of the "turrets", it's a pretty well-optioned machine with live tools, etc. so I would imagine it has the ability to drip feed.

Chapter 4.9 of the Fanuc operator manual covers DNC. You will have to look at a Mori manual to see if and how they have implemented the RMT function.

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the response! I'll try messing with it some more tonight. Spent all long weekend prepping for winter. It's just around the corner!!
Meeting deadlines today. Good problems.

Man this thing is kicking my butt. I changed every setting one by one in my editor. Cimco edit. still no go.
The port works just don't send the go signal back to PC. I can send programs to PC but not receive.
I tried with with the same programs sent from controller, same computer as the other machines.
I sent after and before the LSK.
The % are all there. so close yet so far...:ack2:
I just reached out to the Nakamura guy for help.
I'll keep you up to date as I make headway..

Man this thing is kicking my butt. I changed every setting one by one in my editor. Cimco edit. still no go.
The port works just don't send the go signal back to PC. I can send programs to PC but not receive.
I tried with with the same programs sent from controller, same computer as the other machines.
I sent after and before the LSK.
The % are all there. so close yet so far...:ack2:
I just reached out to the Nakamura guy for help.
I'll keep you up to date as I make headway..
Hello NASTYZEN,
What setting do you have for parameter 0102?

Regards,

Bill

Hello Bill,
Parameter 0102 Device Num. (CH0)is set at 4
0103 BAUDERATE (CH0)SET AT 11
0111 NFD set at 00000001

0112 Device Num. (CH1)is set at 0
0113 BAUDERATE (CH1)SET AT 9

Thanks
Claude

Hello Bill,
Parameter 0102 Device Num. (CH0)is set at 4
0103 BAUDERATE (CH0)SET AT 11
0111 NFD set at 00000001

0112 Device Num. (CH1)is set at 0
0113 BAUDERATE (CH1)SET AT 9

Thanks
Claude

Hello Claude,
Above in Red is your problem. I suspect that the cable your using is a Loop Back Handshake, Null Modem Cable and that your External Device Software is set to Software Handshaking (Xon Xoff). That being the case, parameter 102 needs to be set to Zero. Setting 4 will only work if your cable is configured as a Full Hardware Handshake, Null Modem Cable and your software is set to Hardware Handshaking (RTS/CTS).

Either set parameter 20, or the I/O on the first Setting Page to 0. Then the following parameters:

Parameter
Bit 0 = 1
Bit 3 = 0
Bit 7 = 1

0102 = 0

0103 = 11

Software Settings:
Handshake Method = Xon/Xoff (Software Handshaking)
Data Bits = 7
Stop Bits = 2
Parity = Even
Baud Rate = 9600

Cable Configuration
Machine Side --------------------------- PC Side
DB25 Male ----------------------------- DB9 Female

1 ------ Shield Trace --------------- Not Connected
2 ------------------------------------------ 2
3 ------------------------------------------ 3

| Bridged

|