What's new
What's new

CAT40 sidelockers with coolant holes...where to buy?

david n

Diamond
Finally moved in the 21st century with a mill that has TSC............Who makes some nice solid endmill holders with coolant holes out the front? AFAIK Frank doesn't offer them..................TIA...............

I would recommend asking Frank if he can make them in the sizes you're after as well... I think he's generally looking for feedback like that!

I like that Pioneer offers them in dual-contact. Techniks doesn't seem to offer that option.

Think I'll give them a holler.

I would recommend asking Frank if he can make them in the sizes you're after as well... I think he's generally looking for feedback like that!

I don't think Mari Tool offers a holder like that with coolant ports out the end. At least the last time I looked they didn't.

EDIT:
nevermind, I misread your post.
:crazy:

Dumb question: Are TSC ports full holes through the holder, or can you basically cut serrations around hole that the tool goes into?

If it's the latter, would be easy enough to have an EDM shop throw some on there.

Not familiar with Pioneer, but anything with "na" in the web address tells me that they aint too local either

I've used Fitz Rite in the past without complaint,but that was years ago.

As for the NA in their web address, I believe DuPont owns pioneer.com so they had to choose another address.

I tried Dual -contact endmill holders and the only change I seen was price … I did buy a dual -contact face mill holder and it was well worth it. finish and tool life went way up and you could even tell by the sound of it ..

All industrial had some 20% off sales 2 years ago when I tool up the dnm ..

+1 for Pioneer.

The side lock holders are nice with the coolant ports. EXCEPT haven't been able to use the TSC cause we are waiting for it to be fixed on our new machine! (going on 4 months................:mad5:)

Back