What's new
What's new

Centroid M15 controler

macattack

Aluminum
Has anyone out there have any experience with Centroids CAM program, I beleive it's called "Intercon version 7.08"? I was using the tool diameter offset the other day and whenever I withdrew the tool from the workpiece it makes a little fishhook at the end of the movement. :confused: It's not to serious but APITA because I have to compensate for my compensation. HAHA. :D If anyone has a solution beside's writing more lines to compensate for this I would like to hear them. Other than this problem it's one of the best CAM programs i've ever used. Thanks ahead of time.

I dunno about centroid, butI would look at what you are doing after the move, try changing the direction you are moving to, sounds like it is trying to avoid some phantom detail.

Keithhg

The only move I'm making is extracting the tool from the workpiece. Also, it dosen't seem to matter what function I'm performing. ie: Pockets, circles or odd shapes.

Mochinist

This is happining before cutter comp is disengaged.

Keithhg

The only move I'm making is extracting the tool from the workpiece. Also, it dosen't seem to matter what function I'm performing. ie: Pockets, circles or odd shapes.

Mochinist

This is happining before cutter comp is disengaged.

Roy

Mac,

You may have to check with Centroid and verify this but I was told by the rep that you are supposed to program a straight line move equal to twice the cutter radius before exiting cutter comp. I do not think Intercon will allow a z axis move like you are discribeing. I dont use the Intercon very often as I use Esprit for my programing but I believe that is what I was told. Centroid has been helpful to me in the past and I suggest you ask them for clarification on that as I have a M400 and it might be different.

Charles

Some "features" of intercon have really retarded moves in them. Lathe SW has a great move when it moves the turret home partway through a parting cycle:) Try getting the latest version. That's what they tell me. Maybe someday mine will show up. Only been 8 months....

[qoute]This is happining before cutter comp is disengaged.[/qoute]

You have to disengage cutter comp and make the move equal to half your cutter diameter before you do your z axis move out of the hole.

Back