What's new
What's new

Chamfer Angle

Cnc Miller 40

Plastic
New to machning just wondering
With a 120 degree spot drill if I lowered offset table by 0.15mm how much would the chamfer cut deeper and how do I work out the trigonometry for this abit unsure and with a 90 degree spot what is the trigonometry for this if I lowered it by 0.05mm I think it is double on a 90 degree tool so it would be 0.1mm
Many thanks

New to machning just wondering
With a 120 degree spot drill if I lowered offset table by 0.15mm how much would the chamfer cut deeper and how do I work out the trigonometry for this abit unsure and with a 90 degree spot what is the trigonometry for this if I lowered it by 0.05mm I think it is double on a 90 degree tool so it would be 0.1mm
Many thanks

We're not your math teacher, this is BASIC trig. Literally one of the 1st things you learn in 9th grade.

With not needing any math, trig or doubt one can hand draw at perhaps 10 x scale and get a few thousandth measure.
With having a digital caliper. a sheet of paper and a sharp pencil,ruler and a protractor one can get very close measurements.

Just a simple plastic school ruler will get one very close.

This hand drawing at a large scale is also good for checking one's math, angles, trig, design, prototype, machine ability, ect, ...

Drawing angles will also get one used to what different angles look like.. and that helps to make simple trig make logical,

Last edited:

Back