What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Hawk 150 turret crash sensor fail.

Temo

Plastic
Hi to all, my lathe Hawk 150 stopped and gave me the "Turret out of position" alarm.

The issue here is that the sensor was not activated, I double checked with a Dial Indicator and the turret didn't move at all.

I notice that if I send the machine home and from that position I move "Z" the machine will move freely. But if I order the center drill to go -from the home position- to "G0 X0" the machine will stop shy of zero and will give me the alarm, as if it crashed and the switch was activated.

Neither did it crashed or was the switch activated.

I did notice that if I move 2" in X positive the machine will "alarm" closer to the chuck than if it was in the X0 position. If I move the X to 4" positive it will "alarm" closer to the chuck than the X2.

It's a long shot, but any chance anybody have experience this problem?

It sounds like something is blocking the Z but in the inspection that I did removing the back cover I couldn't see anything.

On the other hand, if anybody knows a person that fixes Acramatic in the Los Angeles area I'll appreciate the info.

Thanks a lot.

After an exhaustive troubleshooting the culprit was the connection of the crash switch cable in the back panel.

Back