What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Program Transfer Issues - ACRAMATIC 2100 CONTROL

lepinea262

Plastic
I started working for a company that has a few dinosaur Cincinnati Arrow VMC's machines with Siemens ACRAMATIC 2100 controls on them. I am not an expert with any control, especially Siemens, so this issue has been a thorn in my side to say the least.

The operators on the floor tell me that at one point in time, they could pull programs from the network through the Program Transfer function in the control. Additionally, they could save them back to the network from the control. Sometime over the last year and a half or so, we lost the ability to send from the machine, to the network. Pulling from the network still works. I can still see at the drives and directories that the equipment is looking at, so I know there is some level of connectivity.

When trying to send programs from the machine to the network, I am getting a 'Unable to gain access to the file.' alarm. Does anyone have recommendations or suggestions?

I have searched the manual high and low as well as scoured the internet. My next step is to pay to have service come out and work on these antiques.

Is the file you are sending (out of the machine) named the same as the one already on the network? Is that existing network file marked "Read-only", in its properties?

Maybe the file sending (from the machine) needs an existing file of the same name (or at least Read-only is un-checked)already out on the network?

Is the machine specifying a path (in its send/data settings) that has been re-named in some way? This can happen if a hard drive, computer, or router is replaced.

Maybe re-name the program file that is still on the network so it is different than the filename coming back from the machine? i.e. ver1, next time ver2 etc. appended to the original filename left on the network?

My next step is to pay to have service come out and work on these antiques.
If they were Japanese you'd call them "Good old workhorses that have been reliably making parts for forty years" ?

You haven't even described what you are using for communications. Is it serial or ethernet ? Does it fail to even try, or does the control think it is sending but nothing goes ? Sounds like (you didn't say) there is more than one of these mills, do they all behave the same ? if so, it's unlikely to be the controls' fault.

Call Bough and Kough to talk to uhhh Jason I think. I will get the name Friday when I return to the office. Or just call them. He is a most excellent tech.

Tell him Doug from C & L referred you

If I can be of further assist please contact me

Bullards very much akin to British cars "no oil under them, no oil in them!
Cheers

I started working for a company that has a few dinosaur Cincinnati Arrow VMC's machines with Siemens ACRAMATIC 2100 controls on them

Easy now, That's still the best control to ever hit the market, IMO.

Has the server upgraded since it was woking last? If I remember correct mine stopped transferring when we went from XP to win 7.

You can go in and have a looksy at your network config also.

More-> System configuration -> Press "F1" key to help prompt menuSwitch to network setup window and set IP
Go to File manager and map your shared drive
Get back to A2100 system configuration and add a customised Drive letter to your network drive.

You may have to be in service mode for this. The password is "world class". Be careful, you can really screw up the HD if you're not sure what you are doing.

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the input.

I actually don't have any issues with the controls other than I am not familiar with them.

I was able to figure it out. The issue was that the permissions on the network drive the machine was pointing to would only allow READ access. Once he opened it up, I was able to transfer out from all 3 machines.

Thanks again.

I am having problems with our ACRAMATIC 2100 control as well. It starts to transfer/read then intermittently stops. We are using a USBCNC interface so we transfer files from USB to Control and back and forth. It was working without a problem for a while but now it keeps intermittently failing. We've swapped the USBCNC interface with another one we don't have any problems with and keep getting the same problems. Replaced the RS 232 patch cable and still nothing good comes out of it....Can anyone please help me????

Found the problem......our Workstation CPU Board went bad. Ordered a new board, version A03. Had to load new drivers for the new touch screen hardware that utilizes different communication cable and problem went away. Now we can transfer programs at 112Kbytes.

Back