What's new
What's new

Citizen A20 dual check safety, safe test over time alarms

hodaken

Plastic
Hey all,

I have a Citizen A20 that will randomly throw up the following alarm when first powering up and they will not clear....Sure hope someone can help !!!

OT0501 (X1) - OVERTRAVEL (SOFT 1)
SV0488 SAFE TEST OVER TIME
SV1068 DUAL CHECK SAFETY ALARM
EX1000 EMERGENCY BUTTON PUSHED

So far i have checked all the door switches and all the e-stops... all seem to be working...ANY IDEAS ?!?!?!?!?!

THANKS !!!

I think you might have drive problems

attachment.php

Attachments

• sv0488.jpg
    sv0488.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 20
I would start with OX's suggestion of the 24 volt system

1st check your knock out sensor
2nd look at you low coolant sensor
3rd there is a 1amp fuse on the small circuit board on the left hand wall of the electrical box

Most likely one of your door switches is the fault, if they are open during start up the machine will throw those alarms (with the exception of the X1 over travel, that's unrelated).

If the doors appear to be closed, check the small brackets that hold the keys, mine have cracked over time and failed to get the key into the switch all the way reliably.

Good morning all,

thanks for the input! Did finally get it to come on, and have left it on since. So far the 24v seems solid, its reading 25.18 consistently at the output source. Coolant sensor, door switches, and the 1amp fuse are all good. Machine does not have a knockout overload sensor attached. Does anyone know what all is in this test circuit? Or at least know where to look it up? Are there any screens on the control that could give me a hint? If i remember right, these controls have hidden menus and I don't recall how to access them. ALL input is appreciated !!! THANKS!!

Also, if it matters, it is a Fanuc 32 I series

Well, IF it's a Fanuc front end, AND the newer ones are the same as a 20+ yr old unit - then you would hit:

SYSTEM on the keypad
PMC soft key
PMC LAD soft key

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

So... I'm back to trying to solve this problem again...we had the machine up for a couple days, turning it on and off with no problems. Then out of the blue I now have the safety check alarms again, and it will not fully fire up. I did find X8.6 in the ladder showing a problem as well...however, I'm not familiar with ladder symbols so I'm having trouble tracking down a solution. The other problem is that according to the machine manual, X8.6 is a spare so I have no idea what it is connected to....I'm attaching three pics of the locations in the ladder where I found something strange. In all pics the X8.6 is flashing. I really hope you guys can help!!!

image_67141633.jpg
image_67160577.jpg
image_67186689.jpg

Back