What's new
What's new

Citizen Cincom F16 with Fanuc 3T issues

DaleMcMahan

Plastic
With the help of Del Wilcox we have decided that the real question I need to be asking regarding my 3T issues is this. Can the parameters be changed with the "not ready" warning displayed? If yes then can someone walk me through the key/switch inputs to do it? If no, then what process do I need to go thru to extinguish the "not ready" signal? I have the 3T manual and I see the instructions on changing the parameters but when I attempt to change the parameters but the controls won't allow any modifications. I should state that the batteries were dead for three years when I bought the machine so obviously the parameters were lost long ago. Any help would be appreciated.

What Dale is looking for is the sequence to put in the Parameters to reload them into his machine.
or the Key Sequence to use to get the machine to the right screen. the IPL screen
I have a 3t and a 10t. the 10t I have no problem with the procedure. I havent done it on my 3t yet as Im still looking for one part for that machine.
I remember its similar to the 10t but just couldnt find it again in my notes or even online.
the 10t you have to regenerate the label and such.

but there's a sequence before that to get to your IPL screen
turn machine off then hold " - " and " . " key down while pushing the power up key. hold until the IPL screen comes on.
then after you delete everything hit 99 and you'll be able to put into another screen where you add your 9000 parameters along with axis numbers (like we talked about on phone).
then you can start adding the rest of the parameters

First time I've heard of a 3T needs batteries for the parameters.

I thought those were all bubble ram.

First time I've heard of a 3T needs batteries for the parameters.

I thought those were all bubble ram.

No, they were SRAM.

The 3 does not have the IPL mode like the 10,11,12 series.

With the machine in e-stop or not ready you can load parameters.

The following is digging way deep. It's been over 25 years since I last worked on a 3 series....

Mode switch may need to be in MDI. The PWE (Parameter Write Enable) switch is a physical switch on the main board. With the power off, it needs to be moved to the Enable position. Turn on the control with the e-stop button pressed in. Go to the Param screen and start keying in the values from your list. Once those are all entered you have to cycle the power. Leave it in e-stop. Then you have to enter the PMC (Diagnostic) parameters. When done, turn off the power. Set the PWE switch back. Power the control again. At that point if everything was done right you should be able to release the e-stop and finish powering up the machine.

No, they were SRAM.

The 3 does not have the IPL mode like the 10,11,12 series.

With the machine in e-stop or not ready you can load parameters.

The following is digging way deep. It's been over 25 years since I last worked on a 3 series....

Mode switch may need to be in MDI. The PWE (Parameter Write Enable) switch is a physical switch on the main board. With the power off, it needs to be moved to the Enable position. Turn on the control with the e-stop button pressed in. Go to the Param screen and start keying in the values from your list. Once those are all entered you have to cycle the power. Leave it in e-stop. Then you have to enter the PMC (Diagnostic) parameters. When done, turn off the power. Set the PWE switch back. Power the control again. At that point if everything was done right you should be able to release the e-stop and finish powering up the machine.

Thats Exactly what Dale needed.

I need it also but it will be a while. Thanks man

Thanks for the info, I'll try it again in the morning but I think that's what I've been doing. My book also references pressing the estop( OR GOING TO MDI MODE)in but when I do press the estop in the entire machine is dead...no CRT or anything else. Am I missing something regarding turning on the control with the estop pressed in?

The e-stop switch should not turn off the control.

You can do the procedure I wrote with the e-stop switch not pressed. Fanuc's position is that it is more safe to be in e-stop when setting all the parameters.

Ok, I tried to modify the parameters without success. You have a great by the way because your suggestions exactly match the Fanuc 3t manual. To recap: I put the PARM switch on the main PCB to "on", start machine, place in MDI mode. System will let me search on any parameter number using the "p", parm number, input sequence. At the at point the book simply states "modify the parameter and power down to save changes". The problem remains, I can't change any of the data. No combination of keys seems to work. What am I missing?

pressing the Q/P (its the same key) and key in data followed by input causes the control to jump to that parameter number. But no data can be changed. There must be some key combination that allows data edit.

Again trying to remember stuff from 25+ years ago....

I think that you have to press Q then key in the data then press input.

I'm almost sure his problem is not being in "EDIT MODE" Dale sent me a screen shot of his prm page and I noticed it said auto not edit or MDI.
flipping through the maintence manual thats online they had a screen shot of the same page but instead of "AUTO" it said "EDIT"

Dale said he tried every position and couldnt find it to change( on the dial) as well as buttons.
picture is attached circled in red is from his machine

with being in AUTO nothing is going to work except offset which he can change.

do you know where the edit position is or button to make it say edit is? I'm almost certain thats his issue.
had him also make sure the read/write key was set correctly

if I have time this weekend between parts I'm going to hook some power to my citizen with the 3t control on it just need to make sure some of the drive wires that are diconnected and loose are not touching anything before I hook it up.

IMG_2075d.jpg

I spent a little more time with the machine today and discovered that "Auto" is the only mode available. It stays in "Auto" regardless if the selector is in MDI, Edit or any of the choices. The diagnosis screen DGN0001 verifies that the PC is seeing the switch movement however.

IIRC that control will not switch modes until it comes out of e-stop.

I totally do not understand why your machine would kill control power when the e-stop button is pressed. Never seen that on a Fanuc control in the 40+ years I have worked on them.

I spent a little more time with the machine today and discovered that "Auto" is the only mode available. It stays in "Auto" regardless if the selector is in MDI, Edit or any of the choices. The diagnosis screen DGN0001 verifies that the PC is seeing the switch movement however.

Dale
Take e-stop off and hit reset see if your selector works

I tried that and it didn't change anything. Let me recap my dilemma as I understand it today.

1.Parameters are lost and need to be reinstalled.

2. Can't reinstall parameters until I can get into MDI mode.

3. MDI mode can't be obtained until estop conditions are solved.

4. Estop conditions can't be solved until parameters are reinstalled

5. Go back to #1.

Hello Dale,

Did you resolve problem with paramter input, i have the same problem, my mashine is fanuc 3t citizen cinucom f16. Cant enter paramerer and e stop shut down mashine.

Back