What's new
What's new

CNC coolant codes not working.

Deezed

Plastic
Hi, I have a bridgeport itl 400 cnc lathe. I'm still new to lathes, trying to make progress and sense of it all.

The issue at the moment is that the coolant codes do not actually turn the coolant on. I am able to turn the coolant on and off manually from the keypad. However, trying to do this in code form does nothing. There's also a "coolant auto" button but having that on doesn't do anything either.

I've run previous programs that were stored in the memory from the previous users to see if it would come on but still nothing.

Is there a parameter that could have been changed that is causing this?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

ps: The lathe has a Fanuc 21i- TA controller.

On my Fanuc controlled lathe, the Coolant Swtich has to be on Auto for the M codes to control the coolant to function. If the switch is off and I turn it to auto while the program is running, the coolant will only turn on the next M08 code processed. If I had stopped mid-operation (say to measure something), and I manually switched the coolant off. I will turn it ON manual, then return the switch to Auto for the program to continue to control the coolant.

So, you generally want to leave it in Auto, so the program does what is expected.

Deezed,
Do you have a manual for this lathe, I've been looking for a long time and I can't find it anywhere

Back