What's new
What's new

cnc help thread tips

WILLEO6709

Diamond
It always seems that we see the "urgent: machine down: need help now" threads, and almost invariably there is something extremely pertinent to the discussion that is not in the thread.
Items to be included:
1. machine manufacturer and type
2. year of manufacture
3. machine model
4. control brand and model
5. any machinery options/ accessories if they play into the issue
6. brand, model, and year of manufacture of accessorie the problem is related to

The more you put in your initial thread the less someone else has to post to ask details about the machine.

I'll leave this thread open a while, if I forgot anything post and I'll addit to the list

Describing the help needed.

Mechanical help.
Programming help.
Electrical help.
Parameter help.
Control navigation help.
Macro help.
In machine inspection help.
Fundamentals help.
Info. source help.

Additions like "Noob" help to understand where the OP'er is at. Granted it costs some points, but all and done, we need to get through the part Maybe posting non-noob status could help too.

Also stating what has already been tried streamlines the thread. "Try this", "did that", "try this", "tried that too"

Robert.

Excellent, Willie! I've been thinking the same thing for a long time.

Another idea: if you've asked for help, finish the thread by thanking those that took the time to try to help you. This is simple common decency, but I've noted many new posters that ask for help, then never return to say thanks. Or, even to say that the suggestions DIDN'T work. We can learn from that, too.

I’d just add, if the machine is throwing an alarm. Put up the alarm number, and exactly what it says. It helps those of us that can reach for a manual.
Phil.

Glad I read this post first. if not my first post may have read just "help!!!!!". just purchased Takishawa V3. It was in production until 3 months ago
its goint to be a home shop piece of equiptment used for race car parts. using a phase converter. the specs are as follows. TYPE 02B-0076-BZ01,
SERIAL 7140546, DATE 1985-01, TMELZ5333, The FANUC 11m control panel MODEL MAC-V2-V3, DWG ME-A0IJE-61/22-02. i purchased new Fanuc maintenance manual from Takisawa. my first and most pressing problem is the monitor isnt working. from the maint. man. ive read there is a 7 segment display on the master PCB PP106 3.3.4 which states "transfer error thru optical fibre cable" I have also observed that the lites on the mdi/crt PCB located at the operator station flicker. the green led doesnt seem to have a constant power? the red led acts the same way.
I ready to buy the cable but i not 100% convinced that is the problem. without the monitor it's like racing in the dirt with your face shield covered in mud. thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks for all of this awesome advice. It'll really come in handy to avoid long threads to even try to locate the problem and pinpoint what can be done. Appreciate it! :D

Distribution Terminal Blocks

Large multi-turbine wind farms provide an example of the use of grounding transformers for fault protection on ungrounded lines. In many wind farms the substation transformer provides the sole ground source for the distribution system.

Distribution Terminal Blocks

Thanks.

Thanks a lot; I think some pictures could help too; when there is a broken piece or the machine gives a bad result, seeing some pictures of the piece or the result could help in order to offer a solution

There are many reasons which may down your CNC Machine.

1. CNC machines can be used continuously 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and only need to be switched off for occasional maintenance. So this one is also a big reason.

2. Less skilled/trained people can operate CNCs unlike manual lathes / milling machines etc. Which need skilled engineers?

3. Quality of Material Used

Don't'cha just gotta wonder what goes through some posters minds sometimes ... if anything?

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Don't'cha just gotta wonder what goes through some posters minds sometimes ... if anything?

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Snow?

Perhaps better if this thread was locked after taking useless posts off (like this one post 13).

Oh - is there something missing?

I was wondering that - but it all seemed to go awry at post #5 when the guy was asking about milling machine troubles in a G76 thread. :gossip:

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Oh - is there something missing?

I was wondering that - but it all seemed to go awry at post #5 when the guy was asking about milling machine troubles in a G76 thread. :gossip:

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I wasn't having a go at your post Ox ,though it might have come accross that way:). I too had been expecting the other sort of thread.

OP post pictures along with identification numbers...

I think on the part of the person starting a thread asking for information about a specific piece of tooling, Insert, holder or anything with a set of identification numbers to identify what it is. It would be a courtesy to someone offering assistance if the OP would post a picture of what the hell he has instead of making responders to the thread do the leg work to find out what he has. Only seems fitting the guy wanting the information post a picture of what it is if it is possible. Just saying...

Brent

Back