CNC job shop needed in the area of Des Plaines, Illinois
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Geneva Illinois USA
    Posts
    6,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2875
    Likes (Received)
    2595

    Default CNC job shop needed in the area of Des Plaines, Illinois

    I have a customer located in Des Plaines, Ill, that is looking for a CNC job shop. He is currently dealing with a shop west of me that is very slow on delivery. The work that I have seen so far is comparatively simple, quantities has been in 20 to 50 pieces. Deliveries are expected to quick, 2-4 weeks. My shop has a two axis that may or may not satisfy his needs.

    If you have CNC capacity and can do quick turn arounds, I will forward your shop name to my customer who then follow up.

    Tom

  2. Likes yardbird, Dualkit liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    9,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1373
    Likes (Received)
    5076

    Default

    With smaller parts it used to be location did not matter much, now with the Covid mess it sure does. Who the hell knows when a USPS, Fedex or UPS shipment will arrive. A two week lead time can get ate up by shipping alone, even if it was only going a couple hundred miles. You probably should give an idea of part size and whether lathe or mill, you could get bombed with replies from people who can't make the needed parts.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    232
    Likes (Received)
    2006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TDegenhart View Post
    I have a customer located in Des Plaines, Ill, that is looking for a CNC job shop. He is currently dealing with a shop west of me that is very slow on delivery. The work that I have seen so far is comparatively simple, quantities has been in 20 to 50 pieces. Deliveries are expected to quick, 2-4 weeks. My shop has a two axis that may or may not satisfy his needs.

    If you have CNC capacity and can do quick turn arounds, I will forward your shop name to my customer who then follow up.

    Tom
    I have a good guy in Bensenville. About 10 min away. I private messaged you. Thank you.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    6,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2373
    Likes (Received)
    2982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    With smaller parts it used to be location did not matter much, now with the Covid mess it sure does. Who the hell knows when a USPS, Fedex or UPS shipment will arrive. A two week lead time can get ate up by shipping alone, even if it was only going a couple hundred miles. You probably should give an idea of part size and whether lathe or mill, you could get bombed with replies from people who can't make the needed parts.
    I don't ship alot, or that often, but I recently have shipped a few things, couple before Christmas and one just last week. Everything showed up on time or before. And although we don't have snow, I did ship something to northern IN and it was one that got there a day early, all USPS.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Geneva Illinois USA
    Posts
    6,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2875
    Likes (Received)
    2595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    With smaller parts it used to be location did not matter much, now with the Covid mess it sure does. Who the hell knows when a USPS, Fedex or UPS shipment will arrive. A two week lead time can get ate up by shipping alone, even if it was only going a couple hundred miles. You probably should give an idea of part size and whether lathe or mill, you could get bombed with replies from people who can't make the needed parts.
    Agree. The reason for the location is that my customer is in Des plaines and would do personal pickups and deliveries.

    Tom

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Geneva Illinois USA
    Posts
    6,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2875
    Likes (Received)
    2595

    Default More on the cnc job shop

    I did not and can not go into more detail as I haven't seen any prints. The parts I have seen so far would each fit in a shoe box. Materials were carbon steel and stainless steel. Any further inquiries should be addressed to

    Scott Sell
    Prairie Tool & Supply INC
    1585 Whitcomb Ave
    Des Plaines, Illinois 60018
    ph 847-813-9553
    fax 847-376-8926
    email Scott Sell ([email protected])

    Tom

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    854
    Likes (Received)
    467

    Default

    My family torque wrench mfg business is in Des Plaines. We’re not a job shop but I had to do a double take when I actually saw modest old “Des Plaines” in a topic header! You say the “s” in “Des”....it’s not silent like the “s” in “Des” in “Des Moines.” Haha! I’ll reach out to them with some references.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    298
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    69
    Likes (Received)
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdlinger View Post
    My family torque wrench mfg business is in Des Plaines. We’re not a job shop but I had to do a double take when I actually saw modest old “Des Plaines” in a topic header! You say the “s” in “Des”....it’s not silent like the “s” in “Des” in “Des Moines.” Haha! I’ll reach out to them with some references.
    I think I have one of your torque wrenches! And having lived in the Chicago area most of my life, I always thought it was weird how we pronounce (or mispronounce) Des Plaines.

  10. Likes Nerdlinger liked this post
  11. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    20
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdlinger View Post
    My family torque wrench mfg business is in Des Plaines. We’re not a job shop but I had to do a double take when I actually saw modest old “Des Plaines” in a topic header! You say the “s” in “Des”....it’s not silent like the “s” in “Des” in “Des Moines.” Haha! I’ll reach out to them with some references.
    Quick tangent:
    Do you say the "s" in Plaines as well? It is not said in "Moines". So it should sound like "Da Moyne" when pronounced correctly.

  12. Likes Nerdlinger liked this post
  13. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    854
    Likes (Received)
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunM View Post
    Quick tangent:
    Do you say the "s" in Plaines as well? It is not said in "Moines". So it should sound like "Da Moyne" when pronounced correctly.
    Haha, you're right...we say BOTH "S's"....deS plaineS...accent is on "plaines"....so "des PLAINES", not "DES plaines". It's close to "Elk Grove" where a lot of companies in, say, Modern Machinshop are located. There's a Tornos office in here somewhere.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •