What's new
What's new

CNC Machine Job Position Available

samuelp

Plastic
Good day, we have a position available in our company for a CNC Machinist.
We are located in North Miami, Florida.

If you or anyone you know is interested, please have them submit a resume to [email protected]

Here are a few details pertaining to the job:

CNC Lathe Manual Operator Machinist
We are an Oceanographic Equipment Manufacturing Company based out of North Miami Beach, Florida. The responsibility of this position involves preparing stock PVC pipes to be assembled into Water Sampling Bottles. This position also involved preparing plastic and metal parts for a variety of Oceanographic Equipment that will be used in various locations world-wide.
This is a full time position from the hours of 7am to 3:30pm daily.
You are required to have your own transportation to and from the work location.
• Must be able fabricate parts from metal and plastic
• Must be able to read blueprints and use measurement devices
o (caliper, micrometer, and tape measure)
• Must ensure that parts comply with blueprints
• Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine lathes
o (e.g., horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring mills).
• Understand materials and applications as required.
• Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
• Assist other machinists in department with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
• Set up and perform tool-post grinding procedures and Babbitt bearing work.
• Starts, listens to, and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
• Confers with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information, to resolve machining or assembly problems.

Knowledge Essential to the Position:
Cutting tool technology
Geometric tolerances
Ability to read blueprints
Physical Demands:
Continual standing
Frequent mental and visual attention
Frequent bending, twisting
Frequent grasping items and tools
Occasional (15-40%) lifting and moving materials up to 50 lbs.
3 Years Experience Required
CNC Vertical and Horizontal Lathe experience in a production job shop.
Proven experience as machinist.
Preferred Education
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
Machinist trade school or university program certificate or two to four years recent experience and/or training highly preferred.
Must be able to make/grind your own tools as required
Set-up experience required
Mill and Router experience preferred
Plastics machining experience a plus

**PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE WORKSHOP EXPERIENCE**
Excellent benefits, paid vacation, sick time, holidays, 401K.
There is ample room for growth and advancement. Promotions will be offered based on productivity and performance. Probation period 90 Days.
Please email a resume to be schedules for appointment.
We are ready to hire immediately.

CarbideBOB! Your up to bat!

This counts me and 99% of the "CNC" machinists I know OUT

He didn't say anything about how they function, I can most certainly grind on a chunk of Steel.

I like the part that says, "Conventional Milling" most of use don't, we Climb cut.

But it really doesn't sound like a terrible job, it has a variety of demands (not getting bored), have to inspect parts, possibly up-to-date prints (GD&T)

R

Doesn't look too bad … Depending on pay...

Physical demands …

"Frequent mental and visual attention"...

Can you get free Ritalin on company health plan ?

Good day, we have a position available in our company for a CNC Machinist.
We are located in North Miami, Florida.

Samuelp,

Since this is your first post in these forums, and nobody else has jumped in to tell you... there's something you should be aware of:

Job postings below in the "Career Opportunities" section, not here in the CNC Machining section.

PM

You pricks should be very happy with your selves
1st time poster. Offering Excellent benefits, paid vacation, sick time, holidays, 401K.

This is the web site of which you could be working for
: General Oceanics

There's any amount of famous machining labs.

Seems to me some of those research labs are toffee jobs. Where's John Weldon when you need him.

You blokes should be ashamed of your selves. We caught some typo's, or wrong descriptions from some one that was probably Human Resources. That would be akin, to telling them how to tap a thread, then them explaining how to write a resume.

Twice was the Camera Man. There cant possibly be a bigger fraud. Too date he doesn't actually own a machine. But I can see why he would shit can a job offer. Not.

Regrettably attached to P.M. Phil.

What ever happened to that Apple Pie bullshit, I grew up with.?

You pricks should be very happy with your selves
1st time poster. Offering Excellent benefits, paid vacation, sick time, holidays, 401K.

This is the web site of which you could be working for
: General Oceanics

There's any amount of famous machining labs.

Seems to me some of those research labs are toffee jobs. Where's John Weldon when you need him.

You blokes should be ashamed of your selves. We caught some typo's, or wrong descriptions from some one that was probably Human Resources. That would be akin, to telling them how to tap a thread, then them explaining how to write a resume.

Twice was the Camera Man. There cant possibly be a bigger fraud. Too date he doesn't actually own a machine. But I can see why he would shit can a job offer. Not.

Regrettably attached to P.M. Phil.

What ever happened to that Apple Pie bullshit, I grew up with.?

I said it looked like a good job...

Total "projection" … on your part.

I DO own machines and have been currently setting up a larger operation that I have personally invested several million dollars in …

It's not the job (here) @Ocenaics I've worked in the US government in various capacities and the job descriptors are very typical for gov' work that's all.... That's what we poking fun at not the job. As I said does look good.

But I have to say you machtool are by a 1000 miles the most abrasive person here and have successfully chased off many people that tried to post here something you feel zero shame and remorse for. "Peeps" that would have been good to come back but the general level of dick headish-ness kept them away.

Fraud ? Go Fuck yourself !

I DO NOT ANSWER TO YOU... (Truth be told I have certain amount of respect for you but what is private to me is private to me / my company.).

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There are actually a number of criteria in OP's list that ARE problematic from an employment point of view and their specific definitions.

Physical Demands:
Continual standing
Frequent mental and visual attention
Frequent bending, twisting
Frequent grasping items and tools
Occasional (15-40%) lifting and moving materials up to 50 lbs.

^^^ Speaking for myself; I AM ADD / Dyslexic (and have had to overcome much ) [same with a lot of people here ]… How do you define sufficient "Frequent mental and visual attention" ?

"Frequent grasping"
---> To what degree ? I had a shattered wrist + titanium + severed thumb tendon + new cadavered tendon... That directly impacted the way I work, so "Frequent grasping" could be problematic …

"Occasional (15-40%) lifting and moving materials up to 50 lbs." 18 months ago I have an annular tear / torn disk L4/l5 (I'm not heavy) that has been very debilitating so without risky back surgery I can only lift 30 lbs...

"Frequent bending, twisting" ---> because of back injuries + effed up knees that might be an issue … (I'm 49 years old not super old not young. ).

The point being is that the criteria (AS Government style requirements) would IMO filter out a lot of GOOD job applicants... There are a lot of good and older and younger machinists I've hired that were either ADD, or had visual problems from a stroke or just had bad arthritis...

Good machinists are hard to find.

Horizontal boring machine seemed like an interesting wild card for the applicant.

Posting a job opening on this board in the right or wrong section is an invitation to get beat down.
I don't understand why.
Bob

Maybe some see a good opportunity and realize it's out of their grasp and have to stay in their cesspool-like job so they lash out with hate.

Posting a job opening on this board in the right or wrong section is an invitation to get beat down.
I don't understand why.
Bob

Machinist types to include toolmakers, mold makers,engineers, qa guys, whatever....we're all a bunch of assholes...how do you not know this? Wheldon and I shit in each others cheerios a few times..it happens. I think I used some words on cameraman he had to go look up. He took it well. I've been challenged in my opinions...

As long as I've been around here it's been a place that didn't suffer fools. You want to drop into a technical forum and spam a job add, then not stick around to answer questions and take your lumps? it's going to leave a mark...oh well.

Maybe some see a good opportunity and realize it's out of their grasp and have to stay in their cesspool-like job so they lash out with hate.

Or maybe it's just fun. :D

I like to lash out, because I hate Human Resources people. They are people who do not actually do anything except theoretically take some of the work load off of someone else. But in the end usually, that doesn't even happen. They end up being more a burden than they are worth, and they know it. So the automated response is to make themselves valuable to the company, by being the dickhead. They are skill-less. And people who don't contribute on a basic level, they don't make anything. The guy at Burger King actually is contributing more to our society than HR, Lawyers, Sales, telemarketers, the majority of I.T. support, Civil Engineers, Bums, etc. etc.

Carpenters, Masons, Roofers, Plumbers, Electricians, Machinists, Repair people, Cooks, Green thumbs, Police (in general) do stuff-those people don't do stuff or make stuff. Parasitic.

R

It's Friday, we have all kinds of venom flying al over the place here. :D

R

.....The guy at Burger King actually is contributing more to our society than HR, Lawyers, Sales, telemarketers, the majority of I.T. support, Civil Engineers, Bums, etc. etc.

Carpenters, Masons, Roofers, Plumbers, Electricians, Machinists, Repair people, Cooks, Green thumbs, Police (in general) do stuff-those people don't do stuff or make stuff. Parasitic.

R

Amen!!!!

Years ago had a little discussion with my future father-in-law while he was bagging on my employment at the time as a CNC programmer and machinist while he was far superior being a lawyer. I wrapped up the discussion telling him that if it were not for people like me, people like him would still be living in caves trying to make a fire and throwing rocks at one another.

Back