What's new
What's new

CNC machine suggestions needed

skn

Plastic
Hi we are looking to start a machine shop and are looking for suggestions on brand of machines to buy. Parts will be aerospace instrumentation parts and mostly aluminum. generally working with a positional tolerance of 0.1mm and bores of H7 class. We are looking for a VMC with at least 12K spindle, HSK-63 A, 30 tools, 1000x500x500 stroke, 18/22 Kw power etc. May be one more VMC with 4th axis and also a 500 pallet HMC to begin with.

We want to buy all these machines from a single brand. We may even add few more machines of same brand ever year.

Does any one have any recommendation on brand of machine to go for. Preferable non Japanese machines.

I would recommend something along the lines of your requirements. This post seems a little too informed to be asking a very generic question.

R

Thank you for the replay.

Basically I am looking for feedback from people using machines of above spec and doing similar parts. I have spoken to many suppliers and all of the claim best performance and accuracy. But could not talk to any user of these machines. All my experience is on jananese machines like Makino, Mori, Mazaks etc. Looking for similar capable machines from non Japanese machines

Why no Japanese machines? That's going to severely limit your choices to European only. And you would need to find one that has good local agency to you.

Regards Phil.

Why no Japanese machines?
Regards Phil.

There are some parts which can not be made on Japanese machines because of policy issues.

We are considering Doosan, hwacheon and Wele. All are Korian brands. Any users of these machines?. I believe Wele machines are sold as Toyoda in USA. Any European or American machines that are worth looking at?

There are some parts which can not be made on Japanese machines because of policy issues.
That must be an internal policy? I'm not aware of any boycott India - Japan.

The old phrase, "bite your own nose off, despite your face" comes to mind.. This "aerospace instrumentation", you mentioned. Any chance that falls under ITAR rules? Japanese are really switched on to that since that Mitutoyo / Iran thing of just more than a decade ago. (2006).

There's more to this Non-Japanese thing, than you are telling us. You just discounted 75% of the market.

There has to be an underlying reason, as to why you can't go Japanese. Wouldn't the matter of fact be, they wont sell to you because of your place in the industry?

Preferable non Japanese machines.

0Kcd0nT.jpg

Scores of Taiwanese machines that are basically variants of things put out by QUASER (certainly meets your tolerances and production requirements ) (Shrugging shoulders ? ). You might have to order from Australia ?

Now I'm wondering if OP is really in INDIA lol / ;-)

QUASER MACHINE TOOLS, INC.

^^^ Quaser HMC's

The also have good pallet systems for 5 axis set ups.

You can keep buying machines from those guys till the cows come home. Stay in brand but have generally choice of control from the usual Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhain (with spindle / mechatronic upgrades).

http://tribology-abc.com/calculators/iso_holes.htm

H7 ^^^ (not challenging at all)

@SKN is the 18/22 Kw power requirement designed to filter out HAAS-power? There are three locations in INDIA for HAAS ? "Aerospace instrumentation parts" = HAAS … You are NOT making wackadoodle new types of aerofan blades nor tricky long turbine blades etc nor critical structural components.

Just to light the soggy blue touch paper with a janky lighter ... Hermle and Chiron and even Spinner would be total overkill. 0.1 mm that's 100 micron (nearly 4 thousandths of an inch 0.0039" )... H7 isn't that like 30 micron ? That's really really easy the only thing that I forsee is metal removal rates and spindle speed and range of torque required being something that you might have to pull focus on as that could dramatically effect the performance of your business.

Even Elon Musk uses HAAS 4th HMCs for rocket engine components (mainly expansion nozzles and the like).
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Something smells fishy to me, but how about a German company with a factory in Turkey?

Company Video - SPINNER Werkzeugmaschinen

Home - SPINNER Werkzeugmaschinen The Turkish factory has a group of highly skilled scrapers working there who had a great teacher :-)

That is super awesome... [Spinner seem to be gaining traction nicely in Europe outside of Germany, but tricky to penetrate US market sustainably]. Did you got to Turkey ? I've been there but not for Machine tool reasons (amazing country when I was there (now much more troubled)). Turkey seems to be a major hub for all things machine tool.

If I was a bit more organized I'd have signed up for your scraping class.

That is super awesome... [Spinner seem to be gaining traction nicely in Europe outside of Germany, but tricky to penetrate US market sustainably]. Did you got to Turkey ? I've been there but not for Machine tool reasons (amazing country when I was there (now much more troubled)). Turkey seems to be a major hub for all things machine tool.

If I was a bit more organized I'd have signed up for your scraping class.

Yes...this is on my website: (Handscraping.com)

"Machine tools are the basis of all industrial production. Neither car industry, medical health nor aeronautics could exist without precise machine-tools. And you should supply these precision factors with perfect scraping and alignment.
King Way has proved to be a most reliable and effective member of the scraping methods at our company. Our workers have learnt right technique of scraping and have been a good member of known power and hand scraping.

I strongly recommend King Way. It is excellent for anyone who is doing machine rebuilding and production machine tools. I would gladly answer any request for further information about King Way."
Muharrem S. ERBERDI
Assembly / Mechanical Engineer • Spinner Machine Tools Company • Istanbul/TURKEY

Back