What's new
What's new

Cnc machine wont run automatic in z axis

allenp

Aluminum
Got this stama fanuc 0m mc 320 machine which wont move in z axis during automatic mode or mdi mode but will move normally in jog mode. When i try to make a tool change in mdi or commmand any z axis movement in a program, it stops, no alarm occurs, but if there is only xy movement in a program, it completes it normally. It has pallet roundtable. What would be a reason for such a behavior?

Got this stama fanuc 0m mc 320 machine which wont move in z axis during automatic mode or mdi mode but will move normally in jog mode. When i try to make a tool change in mdi or commmand any z axis movement in a program, it stops, no alarm occurs, but if there is only xy movement in a program, it completes it normally. It has pallet roundtable. What would be a reason for such a behavior?

Sounds like the Z Neglect function is turned on. Look for a switch on the operator panel labeled Z NG or Z Lock or similar. Could also be on a setup page on the screen. Machine builder determines how to implement that signal

Hi, I have checked that key, it is functioning properly in manual mode, when you press it, it will block you from moving z axis while jogging, when you press it again it will unblock you. I think there is something else wrong, like the switches of the tool changer, how to check in ladder diagram to know every switch of the tool changer is working properly? Which switches or signals do i have to check?

Can you MDI a tool change?

Sorry, just read your first post again. So it won't tool change in MDI even if no Z move is commanded. But if there is a Z move in the tool change macro, it could still be the Z axis causing it to bomb out.

It homes Z out okay?

Cant do a tool change even in mdi. It homes ok in z axis and i can jog it in z axis normally

What is the value of Diagnostic 8 bit 5?
What is the value of Diagnostic 117 bit 0?
What is the value of Diagnostic 128 bit 3?

These are various interlock signals. The state of these may give me some ideas of where to look.

Is parameter 12 bit 1 set to 1?

Back