What's new
What's new

CNC Machinist Calculator App

shanesuan

Aluminum
It's been a few years since I've posted and I apologize in advance if this breaks forum rules but some of you may find this helpful and/or interesting. Let me start by saying that I'm a manufacturing engineer/CNC programmer who works full time. I started in 1994 as a machine operator. I have a 3 kids so I'm usually pretty busy hauling them around. I'm also a huge tech nerd and because of that I became interested in app development about 5 years ago.

In 2015 I began working on a Machinist Calculator app and released the first version in July of that year. I'm now up to version #51 on Google Play (I think iTunes is at version 15). I've spent roughly 3000 hours on it. I did the artwork, the programming, built the website, I do the customer support, do all the social media stuff, and whatever else needs to be done.

48422445_2191986787513183_7226078116681089024_o.jpg

The app now has 29 sections of info. There's the stuff you find in most machinist apps like milling, drilling, & turning calculations with speeds & feeds. But there's also things like the "Brain Check" feature which tests your machining knowledge and grades you. There's also thread info for a couple thousand different threads with an over wire pitch diameter calculator.

I always here the old school guys saying that a machinist calculator is for the inexperienced guys that don't know machining. That's the main reason I added the uncommon things. My goal is to teach the new guys and to get the old guys the info they need to do there jobs like thread pitch, macro info, m-codes, g-codes, and others.

If you guys are interested please check out my website at CNC Machinist Calculator available on iTunes & Google Play or search for "CNC Machinist Calculator Pro" on iTunes and Google Play. It's got a 4.7 rating on Google and a 4.5 rating on iTunes (Sorry, I no longer have the free version)

It's been a few years since I've posted and I apologize in advance if this breaks forum rules but some of you may find this helpful and/or interesting. Let me start by saying that I'm a manufacturing engineer/CNC programmer who works full time. I started in 1994 as a machine operator. I have a 3 kids so I'm usually pretty busy hauling them around. I'm also a huge tech nerd and because of that I became interested in app development about 5 years ago.

This forum is going to shit. It used to be spam that was somewhat inconspicuous, now this...blatant spam advertising.

You don't get the perks of belonging to a community if your only contribution to that community is hocking your shit app. Christmas bills must be adding up eh?

Gooose, I'm giving you some of my shitty apps for free. If you don't want it, you can give em as a Christmas presents. Here's 10 Android promo codes for you.

5XF4DHJ5CBWZCTBDST3JUZG
0L399S551D7VYNXKBBA1MX0
RPR0460HWT4FADCB1LTMW06
GW218M0ZWCQXNDCJU2ZPAKF
RMD40UEZJWEK6F21Q4BX6N7
EYFLWP95P83KY7AWNFK9PVD
LQV3C61JKADZD2SLQHT8U4J
T533B3CY8XUDN62AYXDTJ3W
BD7RLXBTMLH4E82PWXJ73RM
J5SBTLW2G7BNREDYAD1LF20

Merry Xmas bro! Your the best!

Gooose, I'm giving you some of my shitty apps for free. If you don't want it, you can give em as a Christmas presents. Here's 10 Android promo codes for you.
!

Only reason I would visit your app on the play store would be to leave a 1 star review. Hopefully others do as well.

Only reason I would visit your app on the play store would be to leave a 1 star review. Hopefully others do as well.

This kid has been bouncing around here for quite some time.. I've had his ap for close to 3 years, from back
when it was only $5..

Its actually pretty damn good. There is a TON of stuff in there.. Just the calculator is better than any built in calculator I've ever had on a phone.. For somebody just starting out, I would honestly say, screw the Machinery's Handbook, and just get this ap.. Its got pretty much everything a newbie could need, AND it does the calculations for you.. The damn handbook doesn't do that. An oldtimer isn't going to *NEED* it as much, but its a handy little thing to have.

Its the ONLY ap on my phone I have EVER actually laid out money for.

The thing I've actually used it for the most is the hardness conversion tables. Rockwell to Brinell.. That alone was worth the $5. $12.99 now.

Cool...thanks for the link. always looking for a new App. Most of the ones I have are free, so I don't mind paying for something that's good.

As far as gooose goes....can't see how it's a spam advertiser. He's been a member for over three years with 50 posts. You don't have to buy the app if you're not interested, but it is totally relevant to this site. (Not trying to bash here...I just don't understand the reasoning. I don't like the spammers either).

As far as gooose goes....can't see how it's a spam advertiser. He's been a member for over three years with 50 posts.

Hasn't posted in over a year. When he did post it was only ever about his app. Thats not contributing.

Would you like it if this feed starts getting plugged up with spam from Iscar/Haas/Autodesk, cause those are related too right? The point is that if you want to sell your shit you pay for a banner ad.

For somebody just starting out, I would honestly say, screw the Machinery's Handbook, and just get this ap

Please don't offer this advice. That handbook is THE most valuable tool in your toolbox and should be every apprentices first tool purchase.

Please don't offer this advice. That handbook is THE most valuable tool in your toolbox and should be every apprentices first tool purchase.

Its pretty much a useless antiquated piece of shit...

Have they actually updated anything in it recently??? They just move some
stuff around, and take some out, and put some more old stuff back in..

40 pages on B&S tapers, and nothing but a little blurb on Cat40... That's useful.

Feed and speed tables that are 50 years out of date..

About the only thing its good for is thread data... If you only need a basic thread...

There is nothing in the machinery's handbook that you need that you can't find with a
30 second google search....

I've got 3 of them, and I haven't looked at them in years, I'm not even sure where they are.
Should you have one... Yeah, just because its tradition... Buy a new one.. Hell No. Get
'em for $10 down at the used book store.

In 2015 I began working on a Machinist Calculator app and released the first version in July of that year. I'm now up to version #51 on Google Play (I think iTunes is at version 15). I've spent roughly 3000 hours on it. I did the artwork, the programming, built the website, I do the customer support, do all the social media stuff, and whatever else needs to be done.

View attachment 244687

The app now has 29 sections of info. There's the stuff you find in most machinist apps like milling, drilling, & turning calculations with speeds & feeds. But there's also things like the "Brain Check" feature which tests your machining knowledge and grades you. There's also thread info for a couple thousand different threads with an over wire pitch diameter calculator.

I always here the old school guys saying that a machinist calculator is for the inexperienced guys that don't know machining. That's the main reason I added the uncommon things. My goal is to teach the new guys and to get the old guys the info they need to do there jobs like thread pitch, macro info, m-codes, g-codes, and others.

If you guys are interested please check out my website at CNC Machinist Calculator available on iTunes & Google Play or search for "CNC Machinist Calculator Pro" on iTunes and Google Play. It's got a 4.7 rating on Google and a 4.5 rating on iTunes (Sorry, I no longer have the free version)

I've used your app for a couple years now and really like it. I use the MOW feature quite a bit. I would use the calculator and other functions much more if the app loaded faster. Many of the formulas I just punch into my phone calculator because it seems like the app takes too long to load. Maybe I'm just too impatient! I've used both Android and iOS and experienced this. I searched out and tried several apps and I think yours is one of the best machinist apps, so don't worry too much about people getting upset about you here, some of us appreciate you coming on and hearing from you.

This is a great app, it has very useful features and information that is much quicker and easier to find than pulling out the old machinist hand book.
I feel if you're stuck in the old way's of looking for information in a book you're only slowing yourself down. This app is well thought out and I'm sure took thousands of hour's to complete. If this is not contributing to this forum I don't know what is.
Keep up the good work with the App, every up to date machinist should have it.
5 stars from me.

I've actually gotten five 1 star reviews. See attached

View attachment 244708
Man screw gooose. Your calculator app is amazing. The programmer for the aerospace company I work for turned me on to it and it has made my job as a CNC Machinist sooo much easier and I can spit information out quickly for Speeds and Feeds, MMR, proper DOC, etc. Nay Sayers will always be jealous of us who achieve great things and use a negative attitude and talking trash as their only source of opinion since their mental capacity can’t form much more than that. Hence why you’re a successful creator and he is apparently a CNC Machining thread troll.

Actually, it's quite hard to calculate the application price. It depends on the team, expertise, type of application, and many other things. You can check this article btec assignments that tells about the price of the mobile banking app. If you would like to build a mobile application I'd recommend you to choose the best team, that has a lot of experience. It will cost more, but you will save some money in the future.
Thanks a lot for help!

Back