What's new
What's new

Cnc machinist needed in romulus michigan

Jim@Woolf

Plastic
Looking for a senior level CNC & Manual machinist / Tool and Die maker. We use HAAS CNC equipment as well as number of Bridgeport's and manual lathes. If your interested please PM, Email, call me (Jim Price).
  • Great pay
  • Paid Holidays
  • Paid sick time
  • Paid Vacations
  • Great health benefits (with no weekly or monthly premiums, paid 100% by company)

Not happy where you’re at, looking for a change maybe closer to home, out of work and looking for a job? Woolf Aircraft might be your place. We are a family run company with about 110-120 full time employees. We only work one shift at 44.5 hours a week. MONDAY - THURSDAY 6:30am - 4:00pm, Friday 6:30am - 3:00pm (Weekends off)

WoolfAircraft.com

Depending on the skill set. It's hard to say with out seeing what an individual is capable of but in the 25-30 per hour range. Also keep in mind the heath care. not many companies can say they provide heath care at no cost to the employee. Also includes the employees family, Wife, Husband, Kids!

Possibly a supervisor roll for the right candidate to be in charge of our tool room. A supervisor roll would be responsible for the people working in the department, train the other employees in the department, Organize and schedule jobs to be ran in each machine, calculate work flow and establish what machines crate a bottle neck. Things of that nature. I most likely I would not be looking at a direct hire for the supervisor roll. I would need to verify the quality of work and the skill level of the employee for a period of time before hand. I would also need to be sure they have a solid understanding of how our system works.

Depending on the skill set. It's hard to say with out seeing what an individual is capable of but in the 25-30 per hour range. Also keep in mind the heath care. not many companies can say they provide heath care at no cost to the employee. Also includes the employees family, Wife, Husband, Kids!

Possibly a supervisor roll for the right candidate to be in charge of our tool room. A supervisor roll would be responsible for the people working in the department, train the other employees in the department, Organize and schedule jobs to be ran in each machine, calculate work flow and establish what machines crate a bottle neck. Things of that nature. I most likely I would not be looking at a direct hire for the supervisor roll. I would need to verify the quality of work and the skill level of the employee for a period of time before hand. I would also need to be sure they have a solid understanding of how our system works.

I asked because it seems like a norm for places to post opportunities without putting compensation. It's a crap shoot really as posting a juicy number will get a lot of dreamers (not the illegals) but can also draw the real McCoy's in. It works in reverse too. I'm going to be fairly bothered by a good job offer that sounds like it should pay 27+ and it ends up being like 21 or 22. When I was job hunting no pay offers we're usually sent to the bottom. Others may be different, ymmv :)

OP...............Post down below in the Career Opportunities Forum...................................

Hey Now !

Our profession demands great accuracy and clarity.

Don't cornfuse the OP with the fact that they:
1. left out pay
2. posted in the wrong forum

5 minutes reading instead of posting would have cured it....:nutter:

And remember..it's a "family business", so when the OP retires, and the business
moves to the ungrateful nephew, you can kiss your hard work and seniority goombye.

I asked because it seems like a norm for places to post opportunities without putting compensation. It's a crap shoot really as posting a juicy number will get a lot of dreamers (not the illegals) but can also draw the real McCoy's in. It works in reverse too. I'm going to be fairly bothered by a good job offer that sounds like it should pay 27+ and it ends up being like 21 or 22. When I was job hunting no pay offers we're usually sent to the bottom. Others may be different, ymmv :)

Almost ALWAYS a place is over-estimating and under-committing. Rarely have I seen a place actually offer what they advertise. I have also gone through the stupid Corporate filtration process where they offer something to filter out the unqualified people to under-cut the final offer.

NOT saying that is the case here, at all!!! But it does happen. Also been in situations where they offer Medical after 90 days or a Year or whatever, then a day before 90, you are only working 31.5 hours a week (because of unrelated situations) thus un-qualifying you for Medical because you are a part-time Employee. Or even worse they make the promise for after 1 Year of Full-time Employment, but you got sick a couple days so you didn't consistently work 40 Hours a Week for a Year so, sorry.

It can be hard to move to another State.

R

Almost ALWAYS a place is over-estimating and under-committing. Rarely have I seen a place actually offer what they advertise. I have also gone through the stupid Corporate filtration process where they offer something to filter out the unqualified people to under-cut the final offer.

NOT saying that is the case here, at all!!! But it does happen. Also been in situations where they offer Medical after 90 days or a Year or whatever, then a day before 90, you are only working 31.5 hours a week (because of unrelated situations) thus un-qualifying you for Medical because you are a part-time Employee. Or even worse they make the promise for after 1 Year of Full-time Employment, but you got sick a couple days so you didn't consistently work 40 Hours a Week for a Year so, sorry.

It can be hard to move to another State.

R

Hy lilrob! Some corporations can be shady

I agree, that is one of the main reasons I didn't post the pay rate. Seems more times than not it attracts the dreamer that does not have the skill level to make the money posted.

With that being said, it comes down to the ability of the applicant I need the guy that can show up to the interview and can "Talk the Talk" but more importantly can "Walk the Walk". The guy that can show up, be asked to machine a detail or something from a print and knock it out of the park.

Hey Now !

1. left out pay

And remember..it's a "family business", so when the OP retires, and the business
moves to the ungrateful nephew, you can kiss your hard work and seniority goombye.

5 minutes of reading, and you would have seen he addressed pay... Here, I got you something.internet-police.jpg

OP...............Post down below in the Career Opportunities Forum...................................

I apologize for my ignorance. What is OP? I can move the post, again I apologize, I was hoping to catch the attention of someone not necessarily looking for a new job but maybe if an opportunity was presented it would get their minds thinking.

Hey Now !

1. left out pay

One of the main reasons I didn't post the pay rate, seems more times than not it attracts the dreamer that does not have the skill level to make the money posted.

We are a 3rd generation family owned and operated (non union) Aerospace/Defence company. We have been in business for 77 years.

Someone step up to the plate. This seem a very nice place to work.

Even if you are not a $35 guy yet but serious, hard working , know some manuals like lathes, mill and grinders machining and some CNC.
Perhaps 10 + years in the trades and know your stuff.. can't hurt to consider this job..

Back