Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I apologize for my ignorance. What is OP? I can move the post, again I apologize, I was hoping to catch the attention of someone not necessarily looking for a new job but maybe if an opportunity was presented it would get their minds thinking.
    Don't mind him, seems being a stuck-up asshole is the norm around here.

2. Likes machtool, [email protected] liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Any Interest in outsourcing work?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Any Interest in outsourcing work?
    We outsource some stuff however, a lot of the tooling we build is built in house. In a sense we have two parts to our tool room, tooling and production. We build tube assemblies and bigger part sub assemblies. Sometimes we need to machine ends of a part to length, machine holes for a boss or bung in a sub assembly +/- .005, machine different end finishes that type of thing. In the tooling side we build all kinds of tooling we use in house, punch press, vail, upright press dies, compound bend clamps. These are used to clamp up on a previous bend in a tube, with out distorting it, in order to put another bend into that same tube with a close to zero straight between bends. These bend clamps are machined in one of our HAAS mills out of a chunk of billet aluminum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim, I worked for a outfit in Dextor mi.
    Pilot industries, we made brake line an fuel line assemblies, filler necks for fuel tanks, had auto benders of all different kinds, I worked in R&D building. Had ss lines bent for a old Ford I was refurbishing.
    It was interesting work, first time I was around extruders, seven layer fuel lines,anti permeate to atmosphere thing, this was 25 years ago, I have the senior part covered( ha?) your shop an attitude sounds good!!! Usta drive to east side an not think anything of it for work. I would be calling you 25-30 years ago.
    Again Jim, good luck!!

Greg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Greg,thank you and yes it is interesting work indeed.
    It's cool to see the products we build in action, when your flying somewhere and happen to be sitting right next to the wing looking out the window as the pilots are doing their pre check. You see the flaps fully lift, all those tubes, deicer lines, hydraulic lines in the wing under the flap. There is a good chance that at least some of them came from Woolf. Thank you for the kind words, if you happen to come across a likely candidate feel free to send them our way, never hurts to have them turn in a resume.