What's new
What's new

CNC Mill Comparison

goofycat

Plastic
Have a Milltronics machining center that fried a board. My question, to replace or fix? Or if replace, what is the opinion here for a good used mill as far as Haas, Fadal or another Milltronics. Doing light to medium milling and not a full time run. Will be used as needed for short runs or one off and such. Looking for dependable, good support and not complicated programming. Will be done mostly with conversational and manual program input in g-code. Thanks.

With the information that you have given everybody, I would say that you are the only one that knows what the value of your Milltronics is. So this makes it difficult to know what to even compare it to.

If it were me,I would be asking myself a couple of questions.
Is the machine that I have now doing a good job for what I use it for?
Is the board available,and at what cost?
Do I want to spend the money on this machine or do I upgrade to something else?

Once you understand how much the repairs will cost, then you can decide to replace or repair.
Then come back to the forum with some numbers and get a comparison on what else is available with the budget that you have.
Dave

What version of control, what board? I have a Milltronics Centurion V and you really can't get a lot cheaper to upkeep. Milltronics will do a full single board computer upgrade for like $3k. Depending upon what you need I might have spares...

Mill is Milltronics Partner 1. Make a long story short I got the machine free after the trucking company broke the front panel and I bypassed with a keyboard and monitor. It was doing what I needed but wouldn't hurt to have a little more muscle. The parts are available, not sure of the cost yet, but would I be better off doing the repair or investing the money in "more muscle"? That is the reason for asking about the other brands and if they are about the same as I have now. If so, I would be better off doing the repair. By what I have seen, the Haas seems to be the same at a higher price and the Fadal would be more rigid. So therefore also asking for opinions. Thanks.

There's just not a simple answer from us. I would scrap a Milltronics, but that's me.

If you have $20k buy a used Mazak, Mori, Okuma, Kitamura or other good Machine.

Milltronics, Fadal and Haas are one step above junk IMO. BUT they do their job well enough, for what they are. You are the only one who knows how much equity you have. Taper size? Tooling on hand? Fixturing that fits? 4th?

R

How about we just don't worry about how much money I have or want to spend? I just asked a simple question about what machine is considered good for medium duty work and how good are the controls. After that I can decide what I want to spend, or maybe I'll just go and steal one.

How about we just don't worry about how much money I have or want to spend? I just asked a simple question about what machine is considered good for medium duty work and how good are the controls. After that I can decide what I want to spend, or maybe I'll just go and steal one.

I don't give two shits how much money you have. But it's like asking a group of automotive enthusiasts; " which car should I buy?" Then not telling them you budget, or what you want to do. So do whatever makes you feel good.

No, it's like asking car enthusiasts which car to buy for a certain type of use. Not that what color it is or what kind of tires I will put on it or how much I want to spend, that doesn't matter. What would be "my opinion" on what would be the best car for that use. Same here, what is the opinion of the mills that are out there for the use I described, pretty simple. But it seems like every reply has something to do with money.

No, it's like asking car enthusiasts which car to buy for a certain type of use. Not that what color it is or what kind of tires I will put on it or how much I want to spend, that doesn't matter. What would be "my opinion" on what would be the best car for that use. Same here, what is the opinion of the mills that are out there for the use I described, pretty simple. But it seems like every reply has something to do with money.

It doesn't matter, YOU STILL NEED A BUDGET! Like Charlie said there are things. How much floor space?, What Phase?, How much travel?, How much memory?

But I'm done, sorry to waste your time.

How about we just don't worry about how much money I have or want to spend?
Relax.
If you don't tell us how much you want to spend, you will get a shit ton of different recommendations, and frankly we have better things to do than recommend 1,000 different machines because you're too fucking proud to tell us what budget you have.

NO goofy your question to us was whether to repair or replace.
Maybe you should go back and read your own post from the beginning.
You are getting more confusing as you ramble on.

Hey shitdick, I've got a machine for ya...it's called go fuck yourself, and it can be put right up your asshole.

Hey shitdick, I've got a machine for ya...it's called go fuck yourself, and it can be put right up your asshole.

Well ain't you just a genius. But I bet you ain't man enough to do it, and it sounds like you just might be a little on the queer side wanting to do that. And just because of nonsense like this, I'm done with all of you.
And just to make it clear, when I put in the first that "my question", that is my question to ME. My question to the forum was on the machines I was asking about. But I can't seem to get a decent answer so I'll take my search elsewhere where I don't have to deal with idiots like this.
Have a good day.

Well ain't you just a genius. But I bet you ain't man enough to do it, and it sounds like you just might be a little on the queer side wanting to do that. And just because of nonsense like this, I'm done with all of you.
And just to make it clear, when I put in the first that "my question", that is my question to ME. My question to the forum was on the machines I was asking about. But I can't seem to get a decent answer so I'll take my search elsewhere where I don't have to deal with idiots like this.
Have a good day.

I wasn't offering, merely suggesting :)

Back