What's new
What's new

CNC program help

Redquinny00

Plastic
I am a student and I just do not understand programing very well. I am in tears because I can not program my final and I really need help please. If anyone can please help me I will be so thankful. Thank you so muchcnc.jpg

I am a student and I just do not understand programing very well. I am in tears because I can not program my final and I really need help please. If anyone can please help me I will be so thankful. Thank you so muchView attachment 320855

I think I'll be the first to say (probably more politely than others will) that we are not here to do your homework for you. Certainly not to do your final for you. (And I did either this exact same part, or one very similar during my apprenticeship, by hand in the classroom).

However, we are willing to help you learn, and understand, so that you don't need us to do it for you.

So rather than "Help, I can't do it".... Tell us what you're having issues with. If this is your final, presumably you've had a semester (few months, at least?) of programming instruction.

Where are you having issues?

Tell your instructor that he failed as an engineer, therefore, you cannot do your test. He failed to properly dimension the upper right and lower left radii and the pocket(?) on the bottom of the part shown in section A-A. In addition to that, no trig is needed.

program the easy part of the program first first for example the drilled holes and tap then work on the profile.

Actually, I would go in and ask for a refund for the entire course.

HSS tooling?
Hand programming parts for no fucking reason?
Terrible prints to work from?

While M. Zientek is having you finger CAM fuck around like this is 1980, some 14 year old with Fusion is laying down multi-axis toolpath for complex parts in 1/100th of the time and posting parts he made on a shit desktop mill on Instagram. And ohhh... he learned how to do it all on YouTube.

These old codgers who run 80% of the "machining" programs at community colleges in this country go around cunting about how we need to bring US manufacturing back, but then they teach people this ancient bullshit that they will never actually use and offers them no meaningful skills to make money with. Idiotic.

HSS tooling?

While M. Zientek is having you finger CAM fuck around like this is 1980, some 14 year old with Fusion is laying down multi-axis toolpath for complex parts in 1/100th of the time and posting parts he made on a shit desktop mill on Instagram. And ohhh... he learned how to do it all on YouTube.

These old codgers who run 80% of the "machining" programs at community colleges in this country go around cunting about how we need to bring US manufacturing back, but then they teach people this ancient bullshit that they will never actually use and offers them no meaningful skills to make money with. Idiotic.

For the life of me I cannot understand why people spend money going to college to learn CNC. If I had the opportunity to go to college, the only way I would have ended up in a machine shop is if I had flunked out. We get these idiots that go to these classes and then I have to fix all of their shit. They do not understand how tools cut or how metals react to tool paths. They are more of a burden than a help. It is like giving someone a crayon and expecting them to make art.

For the life of me I cannot understand why people spend money going to college to learn CNC. If I had the opportunity to go to college, the only way I would have ended up in a machine shop is if I had flunked out. We get these idiots that go to these classes and then I have to fix all of their shit. They do not understand how tools cut or how metals react to tool paths. They are more of a burden than a help. It is like giving someone a crayon and expecting them to make art.

This industry needs to get real for a moment - none of what we do is wizardry, and anyone with a modest IQ and healthy curiosity can figure all of this out without any guidance. Perhaps 10% of us in this industry are here because we love making shit. Most of the rest are just looking for a paycheck. People who are looking for a paycheck default to going to going to educational institutions.

Mind you, if you're spending your free time bullshitting about machining on a god damn internet forum, you fall into the 10%.

HSS tooling?

I think these programs would be alot better served having educational seats of some cam, running thru the basics, then explaining the cam generated code and different G & M codes

The assignment is to turn in a program, a backplot and the trig to find the hole location.
That implies to me that this is to be done on a CAM system. We can't help with that.

The trig we can, but we won't.

No trig involved, you learned this one in Geometry. Its 6
equilateral triangles, which break down to a 30-60-90.
Your hypotenuse is whatever the R is, the short leg
is half that, and the other other leg is the short leg
times sqrt3.

Yeah, just put the first hole in at x1.0 y0 and g68 the rest.

I am a student and I just do not understand programing very well. I am in tears because I can not program my final and I really need help please. If anyone can please help me I will be so thankful. Thank you so muchView attachment 320855

To heck with shop class....find something that interests you. Shop obviously doesnt. I have wasted too much time training people who fail their way through tech school because they are looking for a direction to drift and the schools will take their money because the school administration has 0 scruples and no interest in telling anyone the truth.
I just told you the truth....for free.

I think these programs would be alot better served having educational seats of some cam, running thru the basics, then explaining the cam generated code and different G & M codes

I think you're on the right path, and perhaps that's what happened here except bozo slept through class?

@Red****00

On the infinitesimally small possibility that you are not taking the "Michael"/ taking the piss.

There's a HAAS video for you... ^^^

See how far you get with that + others.

cookie-monster.jpg

If Cookie-monster can do it - so can you.

Easy money

I could probably hand code that in five minutes, as long as I was able to leave off the corner chamfers and radiuses, holes etc etc.:):)

Last edited:
Easy money

I could probably hand code that in five minutes, as long as I was able to leave off the corner chamfers and radiuses, holes etc etc.

Easy enough to do the corner chamfers and radii if you have a control smart enough to accept ,A and ,C and ,R with a G1. It's like cheating!

Back