What's new
What's new

CNC Programming

• Thread starter CNCProgrammer01
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 10,624
If you want to generate business you may want to make sure words and grammar are correct. I'm not looking twice at anyone with two glaring mistakes in their headline advertisement.

Also, I don't see how you can possibly "grantee" 5% better tool life and faster cycle times than anyone is currently running. I can decrease cycle times by 10%, 20%, whatever I want with the turn of a knob but that doesn't mean it is an improvement.

Good luck.

If you want to win work from this message board, I have a proposition for you. I'll send you a new part that I'm programming at the moment, and we'll compare. Required: Setup sheets, fixturing design and programming, and part programming. All communication and results will be made public here so you can show off how good you are compared to me.

Deal?

What software? Do you do 5 Axe wire? B-axis Turning center? Do you use Gibbs for that, or MasterCam? Can you make it so the OSP-200 does a proper tool hanger, even with a side mount carousel? What if my 4th is SMW and not Koma? What about the secondary interface with a Barfeeder? Will your software support Pinched Turning, Skivving, Hobbing, CNC Broaching? Do you have a post for every version of every Control on Earth? Including MX-4 and Omniturn? What about all the custom Macros?

10 years is a while...but not a long time. Making Grantee's that you can improve my part processing sounds expensive to me (in both ways)

I am currently a CNC Machinist and Programmer at North Fork Grinding and Machining located in Johnstown, PA. We are a family owned business that's ISO certified. I have ten years experience in the machining industry. I am starting an online programming business. This will help other
companies who do not have a full time programmer or businesses that need a part time
programmer. All programs would be completed online and sent over email. You can contact me with any questions at (814) 254-5115 or at [email protected]
You can checkout my website at Online CNC Programer – GRANTEED 5% LONGER TOOL LIFE & MACHINED PARTS QUICKER THEN EVER!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of interest what kind of grinding does your family business do?

Thanks,

____________________________________________________________________________________

sent from Laptop (in remote location) using trained chicken to skillfully peck at keys in the right order.

I am looking to help small businesses like ourselves who maybe can’t afford a full time programmer, or needs someone part time.

I am looking to help good and honest companies that maybe are not that experienced in programming.

One of my customers always had me programming his finish passes with a 3/4 finish end mill. It didn’t matter if the cut was only 1/2 deep he wanted to leave .030 left on the sides for the end mill to do a finish pass. After sometime I convinced him you don’t need a 150 dollar end mill when you can use a 1/2 end mill and save yourself 70 dollars.

Like I said I am not here to try and show someone that has been programming for 20 years that I can make my program 2 seconds quicker then yours.

So you convinced a guy an $80 Ø1/2" endmill is saving money?

I am looking to help small businesses like ourselves who maybe can’t afford a full time programmer, or needs someone part time.

I am looking to help good and honest companies that maybe are not that experienced in programming.

One of my customers always had me programming his finish passes with a 3/4 finish end mill. It didn’t matter if the cut was only 1/2 deep he wanted to leave .030 left on the sides for the end mill to do a finish pass. After sometime I convinced him you don’t need a 150 dollar end mill when you can use a 1/2 end mill and save yourself 70 dollars.

Like I said I am not here to try and show someone that has been programming for 20 years that I can make my program 2 seconds quicker then yours.

GTFOH. You sound like an arrogant CAM jockey with little actual machining experience.

If you want people to respect you, then you should participate in the cam section of this forum before throwing out false claims of being able to guarantee faster programs and longer tool life.

I grantee that you can do neither for the majority of this forum.

Then you shouldn't grantee a 5% improvement and parts quicker than ever.

If you get these models at 5:00pm can you have a good part on my desk in the morning? I can.

7376 R.jpg

7537 1.jpg

If you want to market to the mom and pop that doesn't have a programmer, that's fine, but don't make big claims that you can't support.

Also, the reason a typo is a big deal in an advertisement for programming is that a typo in the code could cost tens of thousands of dollars for a mom and pop, hundreds of thousands for someone with a more serious machine. It demonstrates a lack of attention to detail.

Welcome. This is not the place for people with thin skin. This is your grand opportunity to show us what you can do. Like it or not your business will forever be linked to this thread so don’t mess it up. You may not ever get work from the hecklers but a few million other people visit yearly.

Sort of like a manatee, but made from stone.

No, that's a Granitee , a grantee is kinda the opposite of a grantor. The Difference Between a Grantor and Grantee

Another victim of autocorrect; where's the grammar police when you need them ?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

@OP picking up on Littlerob's point is it's risky business putting code written 3000 miles away onto a machine that may cost $300 K plus ++++ (or waaaaay more) with a machine you have never seen before ?

There's some real pretzel logic here.

Peeps with super expensive machines should have the ability to program them.

Who's out there that has cnc machines but can't program them ?

AND then how do you guarantee your code so you don't get sued for trashing a really expensive machine 'cuz the recipient of said code will have to know how to edit your code to the deepest level / i.e. post tweaking level to make sure everything can run without "Issue?"

Given the above who is your target market ? Assuming you can manatee your code ?

HAHA, that video on the guys web page is embarrassing, with the spindle tacking to 3000 then stopping at each tool only to ramp back up to 3000rpms

I would like to see some cool pictures. What have you done? What tools do you have/use? What can you do? Once this thread gets archived it will show up every time someone searches for your business. You get a decent score for keeping your head so let’s see the crazy mad skills now.

So if your program crashes my machine & blows up a spindle, are you going to take responsibility for the damage caused? Not trying to burst your bubble, but for that reason alone is why I would never give any consideration to farming out any programming.

Back