Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default CNC Programming

I am currently a CNC Machinist and Programmer at North Fork Grinding and Machining located in Johnstown, PA. We are a family owned business that's ISO certified. I have ten years experience in the machining industry. I am starting an online programming business. This will help other
    companies who do not have a full time programmer or businesses that need a part time
    programmer. All programs would be completed online and sent over email. You can contact me with any questions at (814) 254-5115 or at [email protected]
    You can checkout my website at Online CNC Programer Ė GRANTEED 5% LONGER TOOL LIFE & MACHINED PARTS QUICKER THEN EVER!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What's Grantee?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Booze Daily View Post
    What's Grantee?
    Sort of like a manatee, but made from stone.

4. Likes Booze Daily, Hazzert, Ox, Gobo, Bobw and 5 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you want to generate business you may want to make sure words and grammar are correct. I'm not looking twice at anyone with two glaring mistakes in their headline advertisement.

Also, I don't see how you can possibly "grantee" 5% better tool life and faster cycle times than anyone is currently running. I can decrease cycle times by 10%, 20%, whatever I want with the turn of a knob but that doesn't mean it is an improvement.

Good luck.

6. Likes Gobo, KFALCON954, Jashley73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you want to win work from this message board, I have a proposition for you. I'll send you a new part that I'm programming at the moment, and we'll compare. Required: Setup sheets, fixturing design and programming, and part programming. All communication and results will be made public here so you can show off how good you are compared to me.

Deal?

8. Likes Milland, cameraman, Gobo, AARONT, Aejgx6 and 5 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When did they move Pennsylvania to the Aland Islands?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What software? Do you do 5 Axe wire? B-axis Turning center? Do you use Gibbs for that, or MasterCam? Can you make it so the OSP-200 does a proper tool hanger, even with a side mount carousel? What if my 4th is SMW and not Koma? What about the secondary interface with a Barfeeder? Will your software support Pinched Turning, Skivving, Hobbing, CNC Broaching? Do you have a post for every version of every Control on Earth? Including MX-4 and Omniturn? What about all the custom Macros?

10 years is a while...but not a long time. Making Grantee's that you can improve my part processing sounds expensive to me (in both ways)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello,

Programmer/Programer I never knew that was the difference between quality work or not getting the job.

With that said the two words mean the same thing. I did not know this forum was used to talk about grammar.

If you want to personally attack someone, that just shows me how unprofessional you are and wouldnít want work from you or work for you.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You're posting from your phone dude. I hope you own a PC.

13. Likes adama liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CNCProgrammer01 View Post
    I am currently a CNC Machinist and Programmer at North Fork Grinding and Machining located in Johnstown, PA. We are a family owned business that's ISO certified. I have ten years experience in the machining industry. I am starting an online programming business. This will help other
    companies who do not have a full time programmer or businesses that need a part time
    programmer. All programs would be completed online and sent over email. You can contact me with any questions at (814) 254-5115 or at [email protected]
    You can checkout my website at Online CNC Programer – GRANTEED 5% LONGER TOOL LIFE & MACHINED PARTS QUICKER THEN EVER!!!

Out of interest what kind of grinding does your family business do?

Thanks,

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

sent from Laptop (in remote location) using trained chicken to skillfully peck at keys in the right order.

15. Likes litlerob1, SeymourDumore liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am looking to help small businesses like ourselves who maybe canít afford a full time programmer, or needs someone part time.

I am looking to help good and honest companies that maybe are not that experienced in programming.

One of my customers always had me programming his finish passes with a 3/4 finish end mill. It didnít matter if the cut was only 1/2 deep he wanted to leave .030 left on the sides for the end mill to do a finish pass. After sometime I convinced him you donít need a 150 dollar end mill when you can use a 1/2 end mill and save yourself 70 dollars.

Like I said I am not here to try and show someone that has been programming for 20 years that I can make my program 2 seconds quicker then yours.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
    Out of interest what kind of grinding does your family business do?

Thanks,

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

sent from Laptop (in remote location) using trained chicken to skillfully peck at keys in the right order.

We have a 15 foot surface grinder that rotates 360 degrees, and also a Blanchard grinder and a cutter grinder.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am looking to help small businesses like ourselves who maybe can’t afford a full time programmer, or needs someone part time.

I am looking to help good and honest companies that maybe are not that experienced in programming.

One of my customers always had me programming his finish passes with a 3/4 finish end mill. It didn’t matter if the cut was only 1/2 deep he wanted to leave .030 left on the sides for the end mill to do a finish pass. After sometime I convinced him you don’t need a 150 dollar end mill when you can use a 1/2 end mill and save yourself 70 dollars.

Like I said I am not here to try and show someone that has been programming for 20 years that I can make my program 2 seconds quicker then yours.

So you convinced a guy an $80 ō1/2" endmill is saving money?

19. Likes Bobw, adama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am looking to help small businesses like ourselves who maybe can’t afford a full time programmer, or needs someone part time.

One of my customers always had me programming his finish passes with a 3/4 finish end mill. It didn’t matter if the cut was only 1/2 deep he wanted to leave .030 left on the sides for the end mill to do a finish pass. After sometime I convinced him you don’t need a 150 dollar end mill when you can use a 1/2 end mill and save yourself 70 dollars.

GTFOH. You sound like an arrogant CAM jockey with little actual machining experience.

If you want people to respect you, then you should participate in the cam section of this forum before throwing out false claims of being able to guarantee faster programs and longer tool life.

I grantee that you can do neither for the majority of this forum.

21. Likes Bigbore050, Dualkit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is no shortage of kids who want to make money playing on a computer.

23. Likes KFALCON954, aj, Dualkit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Then you shouldn't grantee a 5% improvement and parts quicker than ever.

If you get these models at 5:00pm can you have a good part on my desk in the morning? I can.

7376-r.jpg

7537-1.jpg

If you want to market to the mom and pop that doesn't have a programmer, that's fine, but don't make big claims that you can't support.

Also, the reason a typo is a big deal in an advertisement for programming is that a typo in the code could cost tens of thousands of dollars for a mom and pop, hundreds of thousands for someone with a more serious machine. It demonstrates a lack of attention to detail.

25. Likes SWYooper, adama liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome. This is not the place for people with thin skin. This is your grand opportunity to show us what you can do. Like it or not your business will forever be linked to this thread so don’t mess it up. You may not ever get work from the hecklers but a few million other people visit yearly.

27. Likes dstryr liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mhajicek View Post
    Then you shouldn't grantee a 5% improvement and parts quicker than ever.

If you get these models at 5:00pm can you have a good part on my desk in the morning? I can.

7376-r.jpg

7537-1.jpg

If you want to market to the mom and pop that doesn't have a programmer, that's fine, but don't make big claims that you can't support.

Also, the reason a typo is a big deal in an advertisement for programming is that a typo in the code could cost tens of thousands of dollars for a mom and pop, hundreds of thousands for someone with a more serious machine. It demonstrates a lack of attention to detail.
    So you never screwed up a program? I didnít know we typed our own code? Letís get real here if you havenít screwed up you have never done anything thatís facts. You should have your software already set up to every tool in your shop and the speed and feeds set to what material you are running automatically. Yea it takes time but in the long run it illuminates screw ups.

I do more then programming so I canít sit on cellphone or computer and go back and forth thatís not the reason I got on here.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Aejgx6 View Post
    Welcome. This is not the place for people with thin skin. This is your grand opportunity to show us what you can do. Like it or not your business will forever be linked to this thread so donít mess it up. You may not ever get work from the hecklers but a few million other people visit yearly.
    Absolutely and honestly if letís say we did get work I would first want to gain trust with that customer before anything.

You canít expect to make a post and then next week have work show up at the front of your door.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So your buying free rounds of golf? I mean you could have lead with that!