What's new
What's new

cnc programming service

roll maker

Aluminum
Building some molds relatively simple but above our conversational control capabilities. Who on here would be able to recommend someone or perform a programming service?

When you choose someone for this service make sure they are insured against damages to your equipment. Been down that road once......

When you choose someone for this service make sure they are insured against damages to your equipment. Been down that road once......

I don't think I would go down either side of that road! :nono:

If I am insured against damages to your machine, how do I know your setup guy or operator screwed with something, machine/tool/control/comp etc etc?

If I am not insured, and say part of the deal is I prove out the first part, back in the same boat, unless you are willing so "sign off" and say code is good, transaction complete.(?)

Sounds like a lose lose to me.

A CAM system might be your best friend on this one. Fusion 360 is pretty inexpensive. Then you're in control of your own fate.

A CAM system might be your best friend on this one. Fusion 360 is pretty inexpensive. Then you're in control of your own fate.
Yeah, but doesn't fusion like all those complex trochoidal moves that older controllers just don't have the memory for? I also noticed fusion can be very redundant with their Z axis moves up and down in some cases for no reason even after you link moves and ask it to keep Z down.

Yeah, but doesn't fusion like all those complex trochoidal moves that older controllers just don't have the memory for? I also noticed fusion can be very redundant with their Z axis moves up and down in some cases for no reason even after you link moves and ask it to keep Z down.

Fusion has the high-speed machining tool paths but it also has "regular" roughing operations. Pocket Clearing they call it.

Yes, I've experienced the "whisper cuts" and apparently redundant z-moves.

Just saying, if somebody wants to see if using CAM may address their issue in a workable way, the $ outlay to try it with Fusion is low.

No doubt there's plenty of CAM system choices.

No doubt there's plenty of CAM system choices.

I don’t know about that now a days. With all the softwares being bought up we all may have to wait for SwissMak to get their 9 axis WYSIWYG feature based one click and done CAM package out.

Thought it appropriate to give it a final summary. I would recommend using 5th axis for programing services. The experience was good. We had some bumps in the beginning,mostly on my end. They kept working with me professionally and with courtesy, ultimately developing a good program for our machine. Would not hesitate using them again.

Back