What's new
What's new

cnc router

dhollobaugh

Plastic
good morning, i bought a cnc router a couple years ago and its been sitting since. it has a msd es 919 spindle motor 10hp that i would like to convert to around 4 hp single phase. i have been told it can be rewired to sgl phase ? Any advice how to do this ..i dont need 10hp 4-5 would be fine ty dale

a motor "only" uses as much power as it needs ,, if you need 4 hp I would leave the 10hp on there and just run it off a RPC and call it good,,, but yes you can run the VFD that drives the spindle off single phase in most cases ,, but still I would just keep life simple and get a RPC for the shop ,, you well find out fast that most all industrial machines are three phase and you well want to get a RPC at some point down the road anyways ..

That would be an HSD spindle motor. Many VFDs can accept single phase and output 3 phase. But a lot depends on your control. It may not allow it to run with a leg missing. What about your vacuum pump? Gotta run that too and that may have a 25hp motor minimum.

Back