What's new
What's new

cnc screw machine cutting oil recommendations

SDConcepts

Stainless
we just bought two screw machines and its out first venture into the area, for more production and potentially lights out turning/milling etc. previous owner was using a blaser lubricant that was bio based. some of my tooling reps are recommending a synthetic oil and one recommended a petroleum based oil.

we mostly turn parts that are 304 ss and mild steel. we do get into some plastics Delrin and nylon primarily, and we do the usual aluminum and brass work as well. we will be keep our coolant running turning centers and these screw machines are added for more capacity, so if its a real benefit not to run a certain material because the oil will be way better for the other materials than we can do that.

thanks
Jerry

We run Blaser Vascomill 22 Swisslube in our Swiss. I think that’s just what the Morris Midwest guy recommended when we bought the machine from him. I cannot say I’ve tried anything else and how it compares but the parts and machine are still shiny, which is more than I can say for the machines that used to use the pink full synthetic (Cimcool?) coolant.

We use Mobilmet 427, seems to work good all round. A high sulfur oil will cause staining in brass and mess up any plating you will do to brass. The Mobil 427 is non-staining.

Back