What's new
What's new

CNC Training Center

PLUS

Plastic
Recently I have been tasked with building a training center and program at the company I am with. Is there anything anyone could suggest for advice? What to look out for, what to include or not include, etc...

We are currently in process and have some machines ordered, training center under construction and the curriculum being built. I am open to all ideas as this is something I haven't had experience with.

Thanks!

Sit it on a training session given by a machine builder and keep track of what you like/didn’t like and ask the other guys that are there for the training their thoughts on the class as well. Or go to your local tech school if you are able and pick their brains. Everyone learns a little bit different and at different speeds. The training course I took years ago when we got a new machine was 50/50 split between the book and at the machine. What machines are you training them on?

I am affiliated with the local trade school, both young students and adult night courses. They view the courses from a slightly different angle so I would like to get all aspects. I am currently looking to sit in on some different trainings with manufacturers and other instructors for topics like blue print and GD&T (and more) to see if I can pick up anything from them.

We have purchased a CNC Okuma Lathe and Vertical Mill, those are primarily what we use in our shop so we are looking to mirror that. I would like also get the standard manual equipment like a mill and a lathe. I am looking to get training controls, not sure if Okuma has one or not but I will check with our local supplier. I would at least like to get a FANUC style control for exposure.

We will also be doing a roughly 50/50 split between theory and practical.

Recently I have been tasked with building a training center and program at the company I am with. Is there anything anyone could suggest for advice? What to look out for, what to include or not include, etc...

We are currently in process and have some machines ordered, training center under construction and the curriculum being built. I am open to all ideas as this is something I haven't had experience with.

Thanks!

Training for what? Are you a job shop, have your own products, specialize in micromachining or battleship guns? Three guys or three hundred?

Basic CNC Machining but we will cover some manual machining as well. We are a mix between job shop and production that specializes in exotic metals. We have a wide mix of products that we produce of varying sizes. Up to 8 employees with the potential to grow. We are also a global company so I will likely take in employees from other countries as well.

Back