What's new
What's new

Compression fitting thread specs

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Guys, is there a chart showing what are the standard compression fitting thread sizes?

I have a personal project with some solar-thermal panels made by Schuco, and the numbnutses made the connection as Krautized as it can be.
They've used a 12mm copper pipe for the guts, and made the interface to the outside world by putting a half round bead on the tube only about a 1/4" from the end.
The bead serves two functions.
It is the sealing surface similar to the way copper/brass compression fittings seal, AND it constrains a flange nut which is what's normally used to attach it to the piping system.

Anyhow, Schuco USA has completely terminated all of it's operation in the US, and as such there are no mating fittings to be had.
But!
I've found a short document stating that the connection types are "compression" fittings.

Problem: These are larger than 5/8, which is the max to which HD or Lowes go, therefore I cannot just get something off the shelf.
But!!!
I do have a bunch of machines that CAN make a custom fitting, as long as I know what they should be.
Is there a difference between metric and imperial?

Thank You

Photos!
Dimensions of the threads at the compressor outlet and whether tapered or straight. Parker probably has fittings that can be adapted.

It is not tapered. It is just a low pressure water connection for the thermal panel, and the only thing I've found is a Shuco spec sheet stating that it's "compression"
There is no tapered seat, no ball, no flare, nothing but the half round bead on the 20mm copper tube to seal.

Thank You!!!!

M24 x 1.5 it is!

Will have to look through what's the closest connection type, but the thread is now a given.

Thank You Again!

Back