What's new
What's new

Configuring Ethernet/IP for Fanuc 31-B5 Robodrill

trappc07

Plastic
All,

How do I configure a Fanuc Robodrill to drive external I/O connected via EtherNet IP? For example, have the mill turn valves on and off and use sensors as inputs to the PMC.

Thanks for any help

All,

How do I configure a Fanuc Robodrill to drive external I/O connected via EtherNet IP? For example, have the mill turn valves on and off and use sensors as inputs to the PMC.

Thanks for any help

(edit Taking ethernet IP out of the conversation, If you are looking specifically for IOT stuff I have no idea.)

I have a 31i A5, I am guessing they are the same. It has user configurable I/O built in. SUUUper easy. For M codes and such.
quick/nc button then I dont remember it is like I/O or Maint or something.

I have to do one today or tomorrow for start and M fin for a Haas indexer box. I will write it down. and post back here. I am waiting on the receptacle from Digikey.

You will have to see with Methods on what if any Inputs are tied to variables to get "sensors" to work though.

This video shows how to set EIP up, once you have the Fast Ethernet card installed. If you don't absolutely require EIP, I would avoid using it since you'll have to redo a lot of the work Fanuc has already done on the custom PMC.

If you just need the IO, the wiring PCB has 16 inputs/16 outputs sitting there and you can decide its function on the Quick/NC menu. There are another 16/16 on the board you can use just with a 50 pin ribbon cable and a breakout board. Look in the operator's manual, section 14 "external interface function" and the custom PMC manual that came with the machine for details on setting M80-89 and M100-109. As far as I am aware, Fanuc hasn't set up any of the IO to be used with any macro variables but that logic isn't too hard to set up in PMC2.

Back