What's new
What's new

Conquest VMC700 Fanuc 18M control. Trying to set up Drip Feeding.

General Carbide

Plastic
Trying to set up drip feeding for our vmc so we don't have to break up a program into multiple stages. Can't seem to find anything in Fanuc operators manual or the vmc operators manual. I've seen the use of data input using tape mode but the manual is vague on the description "setting of the parameter (No.0001#1)"
Looking for more information, thanks.

Select tape/ dnc/whatever your control panel has. Set communications to 9600,N,8,1 on PC. Use a program that will create and hold a buffer for program info. (I use a DOS based program called CNCCOM that I can send you if you give me an email address.)
Select program on PC, and get it ready to send to machine.

Type in program number on machine just like you would upload a program, Get LSK to flash.

Hit cycle start.

Change machine parameters to what you said. Also changed the I/O channel from 0 to 3. 0 is reader/puncher and 3 is host computer. All of my other programs are run on channel 0 after I changed it to 3 I'm not getting the LSK to flash for receiving.

Hitachi seiki vm50 that I was working on had control based on fanuc18 . You had to put in tape mode button on front panel then write program number hit start on pc then green button on machine and it started reading the dnc.

There's no button on the control panel. Only thing I can find is in the system settings where I'd change parameters.

You need to go to the offsett page. soft key right arrow, soft key OPR then page down. (operator panel) You should see DNC there. down arrow, then right arrow to turn on.

IMG_1785.jpg

You need to go to the offsett page. soft key right arrow, soft key OPR then page down. (operator panel) You should see DNC there. down arrow, then right arrow to turn on.

View attachment 248862

The above is not universal to all machines with Fanuc 18 controls. The implementation of the tape mode or DNC mode switch is determined by the machine builder. Can be a physical switch on the operation panel, a soft switch on the operator switch screen, or even a PMC parameter. It may also not even be implemented at all if the machine builder neglected to write the logic for the mode in their Ladder program.

As mentioned, MTB may not have written tape mode into ladder and supplied switch.

At the bottom of screen, it will show mode (MDI, Edit etc) when you select the operating mode. If it does not say RMT, or similar, than DNC is not selected.

Back