Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    The RS232 port!
    Oh no. I thought that it is printer port, but it seems it needs special cable... Thanks.

Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

While doing complete cleanup and lubing (it's incredible how much chips can be in all the crevices!) I noticed there is small play in X-axis ballscrew clutch. I can't see how it could be worn but still ask it. Should this be completely without play?

How is the position told to the controller as I'm not finding a single glass scale on that machine? Is it only the servo motor spin which tells the position. Then I'd think no play is allowed. Except if that play is taken into account in the controller program.

Another thing. All the wipers from telescopic covers were shot. Hopefully it will work to replace them. It seems Dynatect PR2 is the correct wiper lip..
    x-axis_screw.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i wouldnt buy any machine unless you get a complete set of operator, programming and maintenance machines that came with that particular model
    literally the manuals are important. its like buying a combination safe and not knowing the combination for the lock

4. Likes majohnson liked this post
    Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bit confusing that the machine is designed so that Z axis can lower only that far.
    z-axis-lowered.jpg

I wonder what might the machine designer thought.. Basically you can't machine anything clamped on the table and even the vice had to be very tall to work. Any suggestions for riser block or other thoughts?

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They are specced in different height raiser blocks for the Z column. 100mm, 200 (std in Europe) etc.
    It was to allow whatever automation you wanted to use on it (none, 4axis, 5 axis, pneumatic clamping etc).
    All you need do is make an aluminium sub plate to raise up the vice

7. Likes DouglasJRizzo liked this post