What's new
What's new

control retrofit help

chrisw21_2000

Plastic
He have a flow water jet (2 axis a series). Flow will not work on it due to its age. They say the motion card is bad in the pc (Pmac). Using the yaskawa drives and servos what controller and software would be a way of getting it back going cost effectively? The old pc is win 98 on flow 4.0. I dont know where to start with what I need to make everything work.

thanks

We like our WardJet waterjet's control system that is designed specifically for running waterjet machines. They offer a retrofit kit which includes everything for the conversion. I think you will find the integrated CAM system specific to waterjet with automatic lead-in and tabbing controls a much better solution than a generic G-code interpreter only CNC control where you'd have to program off line in a CAM system.

WARDJet - Waterjet Controller Retrofit

You might also find a pumpless E-Seies system gets you back up and running more quickly at an affordable price as well.

Is it a coincidence you're from Ohio, and Wardjet is also from Ohio?
Or are you a shill for Wardjet posing as a happy customer?
Just curious...

We like our WardJet waterjet's control system that is designed specifically for running waterjet machines. They offer a retrofit kit which includes everything for the conversion. I think you will find the integrated CAM system specific to waterjet with automatic lead-in and tabbing controls a much better solution than a generic G-code interpreter only CNC control where you'd have to program off line in a CAM system.

WARDJet - Waterjet Controller Retrofit

You might also find a pumpless E-Seies system gets you back up and running more quickly at an affordable price as well.

Is it a coincidence you're from Ohio, and Wardjet is also from Ohio?
Or are you a shill for Wardjet posing as a happy customer?
Just curious...

Look through his old posts. He offers advice, mentions having a Wardjet a couple times, but never tries to sell them. Offers actual advice, and speaks like someone who's actually in industry. Might not be coincidence that he's in Ohio, and he bought from someone local who can support him. Just my take on it.

Back