What's new
What's new

"Which control" thread brought me back to my problem.

DMSentra

Cast Iron
Wondering if someone may be able to shed some light on how best to proceed.
I have a Yasnac 3000g control on a 1980 Matsuura MC500V, evidently version one as it has no crt. I gave up spending tons of time trying to get cad/cam, btr and all the system work together due to I don't get any comm from laptop to control.
Working with THE guy(I'm sorry I forget his name) at Suburban we figured the problem is the comm board in the machine. I'm not completely confident I was doing the testing right, and Yasnac's answer in that there is no way to test it other than pull it, send it to them for a check out. Is it common that in-house testing on a board such as this is the only way to determine if it's indeed bad? Does anyone else have a test proceedure to confirm comm, or a lack of to the PC? Loren

You could try a rs232 tester that goes inline while your hooked up to pc. Mine has switches which allow changing the cable configuration on the fly. They also have red/green led lights to help determine if its configured correctly. I got mine at Fry's Electronics 20 years ago for less than $10.

I have to wonder if Methods Machine Tool will still answer any questions about Matsuura since they lost the line completely after serving as the North American importer and distributor since the 1970's.

You need a $10 port tester.

There are several good techs in the PDX area if you can't figure it out. Any of them could likely repair the comm board at a component level while there.

PixMan you gave me grave concern with your comment aboot Methods,so much that I called the local (to me)Methods, the lady said
although they no longer sell Matsuura, they do still in fact service them.
Which was a big relief as I am thinking aboot getting mine tuned up if you will.
But back on topic, my Mat. has a Yasnac MX2 type control,after running half the machines in the Deeetroit area,I would definitely
consider a delta DynaPath retrofit for most any machine.
As a operator I never liked them, seemed too easy to gram,took away from the"big secret of Gee code"
but as a owner they seem quite powerful and quick,not perfect but I aint either.
I often wonder how my Mat. would work with a Dyna path.
Gw

Wondering if someone may be able to shed some light on how best to proceed.
I have a Yasnac 3000g control on a 1980 Matsuura MC500V, evidently version one as it has no crt. I gave up spending tons of time trying to get cad/cam, btr and all the system work together due to I don't get any comm from laptop to control.
Working with THE guy(I'm sorry I forget his name) at Suburban we figured the problem is the comm board in the machine. I'm not completely confident I was doing the testing right, and Yasnac's answer in that there is no way to test it other than pull it, send it to them for a check out. Is it common that in-house testing on a board such as this is the only way to determine if it's indeed bad? Does anyone else have a test proceedure to confirm comm, or a lack of to the PC? Loren

I think I know the Matsuura dist in your area. They're pretty good for service, btw.

Back