What's new
What's new

CNC Engraving

http://deskam.com/deskengrave.html

It's Free!!! You can produce code with this or save your text as DXF and import it to your own CAM system to produce code.

[This message has been edited by Steve Schliebe (edited 06-17-2004).]

www.mastercam.com

Though its not free, it does very nice engraving

4.jpg

[This message has been edited by MrTbolt64 (edited 06-18-2004).]

Wingraver is a fairly cheap piece of software and can do your basic STUFF. I think Travers Tool carries it for about a buck or so. I'd give ya mine but tossed it when I got Gibbs.

sageman--

Check again. Deskengrave will do numbers and even Roman Numerals (with the right font). I've used it for text, numbers and if you use a font like wingdings it'll do pictures quite nicely. Take another look at it.

What version of Deskam are you using to produce numbers and letters that does not expire in 30 days? I am new to the group and excited to have found this page. I have a small CNC shop I run out of my home part time. I look forward to sharing info ect. with ya'll in the future.

Rick

Rick, I just read this thread this morning for the first time myself. Went to the deskam page from the link above and downloaded deskengrave. it says its free, and man is it simple to learn. took no more than 5 minutes to figure out how to use it and export a dxf which opened perfectly in my cam program. Thanks for the link guys.

Hi all, have read post hear for a while, but this is first post.

What font have you found to work best? Just want plain straight line characters.
Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Gibbscam sends a font it developed, moorpark. It is a simple straight line font. You can engrave double line fonts, but they look best when large. small fonts look best single line.

44magfan,
I loaded the deskam and had code in a matter of minutes. It has a wide selection of fonts much like you can choose from in WORD. It really depends on the cutter you use as how it will look. A steep angle engraving cutter will give you a clean thin line where as a ball endmill will give you more of a bold print look. You will have to play with it to get the look you want. Try a small center drill with either Arial or Times Roman.

Back