What's new
What's new

Coolant Induced ISO 20?

mhajicek

Diamond
Does anyone make a coolant induced ISO 20 ER-16 holder? I'm thinking of getting a CM-1 for my garage, but the lack of thru spindle coolant could be a show stopper.

Well, IDK most of the alphabet soup that you spewed in the original post, but I have used those RCA's on other apps as well.

--------------

I am Ox and I approve this h'yah post!

Does anyone make a coolant induced ISO 20 ER-16 holder? I'm thinking of getting a CM-1 for my garage, but the lack of thru spindle coolant could be a show stopper.

First I would advice against the CM-1. I have one that does not work properly and HAAS can not fix it, refuses to exchange it, etc.. Instead look for a used OM-2A, essentially the same thing and it works. I had one that served me well for 10 years before my unfortunate "upgrade".

Secondly the pull stud diameter is 5,9mm... How big hole do you need to get enough flow? I suspect that coolant through simply will not work due to the small dimensions.

/Staffan

OP isn't looking for a way of getting the coolant through the pull stud, but "from the side" into the tool holder or directly into the tool

probably won't happen, but I'm curious why would one absolutely need it on a 10Nm spindle... and why would you want want such a machine for "a garage", unless it is for something like small scale RC stuff or watch making :)

picture of what I think OP is looking in 20 taper size:
cap.JPG

Last edited:

Back